Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, first time post, new member, hope someone can id these vacumn parts from these pics. '86 samurai, hitachi carb...on firewall, two ports on vacumn thing and intake manifold very front under idle up actuator..tanks for any help you may have..

ps i have the incredible pdf from ack's on vacumn lines but neither seem to be mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

I was able to find out some info about the manifold vacumn port in the pic on the right. Any one who wishes to know what this port is for will find the answer in the FSM '86 - '88. on pages 110 - 111 (pdf pg#); section 3-56,57
(fsm designation). The port is used for testing purpose's which uses the fitting that mine has attached; however most of the time it will have a plug on it. Cool.

still needing info on the vsv looking item on the firewall just behind the vac mod. anyone got info on that? Thanks for any help you may have.

Rico

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update #2

My re-power project started back in Feb. of this year on my '86 Samurai.

Finally, after sending out many pleas for help, I got a prompt reply from Suzuki John in Nevada. Thanks so much for your help, John.

The vsv on the firewall is part of the a/c idle-up solenoid system. Hence, as I examined other Samurai's and they didn't have these parts, they also didn't have a/c. I will use the test port on the front of the intake manifold to provide vacumn to the switch. the other vsv port attaches to the vacumn diaphram on the carb next to the throttle cable bracket.(see pic)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts