Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondering is it ok to to keep the car on iAWD at all time even on dry paved road.

2007 SX4 Sport AWD with Manual Trans.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
read the owners manual, usually it is ok as it only activates when its needed, when slippage of a wheel is detected. Will improve handling if you are really pushing it in corners too.

Even better, the SX4’s rack and pinion steering is a revelation; the tiniest tiller inputs deliver an instant change of direction. Running in i-AWD I tackled my favorite corners as fast as I could in my (gulp) Subaru WRX.
shameless post from a TTAC post in 2007, full content is here

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2007/01/suzuki-sx4/

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just wondering is it ok to to keep the car on iAWD at all time even on dry paved road. ..
ON this and other SX4 forums, there is no history of coupler failure with the SX4 due to eventual overuse of the 4WD. The coupler is indeed the most probable unit that could suffer from abuse and we read nothing about that.
However, with the absolute failure of the AWD "intelligence" of my other car, a KIA Sorento, (where coupler failures are heavily documented in KIA forums) I have taken a preventive attitude with both cars, keeping them in 2WD mode except in situations where I, myself and not the computer, consider that I NEED AWD, either in AUTO or LOCK mode. This has even obliged me to install a AWD disable mode (that it did not have) on my KIA. At least Suzuki had that mode installed. So this is my position for myself. YOU do as you feel OK for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts