Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, I have a baleno 1.6lt G16B sedan, manual, just under 300,000k/m's, i have read a lot of posts about cleaning the IAC valve, is it just a matter of removing the two hex head screws facing the firewall or the assembly with the two water hoses attached to the bottom as well.it just idles a bit rough and takes a fair while to idle down from first start. does not drop any cylinders, I have had issues with cam angle sensor and coil packs previously and just want to clean the IAC as its never been done to see if it idles any better, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
my first check before doing anything would be to remove the water hoses from the IAC and confirm that the passages are clear and there is water flow thru it. Low flow will certainly account for slow idle drop. Cleaning may help with the unstable idle...maybe...

Idle instability is more likely to be plugs, lances, valve lash etc. When did you last clean / change the lances / leads on the coil packs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, I will remove the 2 hoses tomorrow to check that. if not blocked can I just take the IAC off via the two hex screws without the housing that the hoses are attached to? replaced a coil pack last year and one a fair while ago, both had a lead for the revelant spark plug under it as part of the coil, the other 2 leads I replaced prior to the last coil. there was no sign of arcing in the tubes. plugs done 22000 I reset to 30 thou when problem with coil. tappet at 282000 not that long ago 8 thou cold cam side intake and exhaust. go the warriors!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
go the warriors!
don't you swear at me hehehe Eels all the way!!!!

I'm not sure on that model, i suspect its all part of the housing and the hoses have to come with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, all good with coolant, no restrictions. it looks to me like it will separate, I tried various torx head tools to remove the two screws holding the IAC valve, strange looking head on the screws, nothing seems to fit very good I don't want to risk tearing the guts out of the screw head, can anyone help with a tool description ,thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts