Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm
I drive a 2004 Grand Vitara and i do a bit of off road driving on the beach. I want to know if I'm able to install a switch to disable the ABS brakes when I'm driving off road?? Cheers

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
do you want to disable the ABS or just the traction control?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the abs mate. I don't think my car has traction control. I've done a few skids in the gravel and it's never tried to stop me

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
all i do here is pull the abs fuse, just make sure key is off when you pull it, or replace it, it logs a transient code but won't trigger a permanent ABS light except when the fuse is out. other people have interrupted the drivers side wheel sensor with the same effect, just key off, return system to normal, then key on, abs light will go out after self check and the ECU logs it as a "transient" fault

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
That's awesome. Cheers mate. Also, is it possible to replace the fuse with a switch for the dash??
you could, but make sure theres an inline fuse in it as close as possible to the fuse box to ensure there is protection for the system. Wiring a switch into the sensor line might be easier (how do I know this?), just make sure it can't be seen by the certifying bodies as they will fail a vehicle with such a defeat device fitted (again, I wonder how I know this as well).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts