Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.
Right now I have a 2013 GV limited with the 225 60r18 wheels and tires.
I really want to go for a 215 or 225 75R16. Can I make this work
as I really want to get some aggressive off road tires.
I have the standard factory Grandtrek AT20. Nice tires, but not for off road.

The following is from tire track calculator. As you can see, specs are almost the same except for 2" larger in circumference.

Will the 225 75r 16 fit, and if it does, will it give it a 1" lift?

Difference

Sidewall: 5.31 inches 6.64 inches 1.33 inches larger
Radius: 14.31 inches 14.64 inches 0.33 inches larger
Diameter: 28.63 inches 29.29 inches 0.66 inches larger
Circumference: 89.98 inches 92.05 inches 2.07 inches larger
Revolutions/Mile: 704.16 688.35 15.81 less
Fuel Used: 100 97.7 2.3% less fuel
Speed will be 2.3% MORE than the speed the speedometer showed when the original tire was in use. That reading was accurate only if the original tire was a size which the vehicle was designed to use.

Please help,
thanks,
Dan

P.S. I really like a tall sidewall...I would like to get Goodyear Wrangler Duratrack.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If you want a 1" lift, you need 245/75/16

225/75/16 will give you approximately 0.35" lift

Beware that whatever that calculator that you found say about the petrol use is the direct opposite. EVERYONE sees a large increase in fuel use when the tires get bigger. You driving pattern matters, longer drives sees it less, city driving is bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your saying that I can use a 225 75R16 and it will fit with no rubbing?
Will there be rubbing with a 245 75R16 like you mentioned?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a 225 or even 235 75 series 16" will be fine.

Anybody suggest alloy rim sizes that will fit? How much backspacing and hub size, etc.
Thanks,|
DAN

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
So a 225 or even 235 75 series 16" will be fine.

Anybody suggest alloy rim sizes that will fit? How much backspacing and hub size, etc.
Thanks,|
DAN
Easiest would be to either look up tirerack, or go to a local shop, they will have all the lists of tires and rims, and be able to tell you which ones will fit your hole patterns, offset etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want off road tyres it is better to go steel rims.
Alloys, especially cheap imported after market types, may not be as strong as you would like or expect them to be. They will look good but they are not much use if they crack when you scape a rock or take a bit of a hit off road.
A steel rim can always be bent back into shape in an emergency but a cracked alloy becomes useless.
Suggest you consider fuel use when looking at bigger tyres, also issue with road traffic authorities and insurance in some states only allowing a modest increase from manufacturer size to stay legal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Philipk5.
The tires size will be close to equal the factory 18"s so that wont be an issue.
I;m not much of an off roader so bending them out of shape should;nt be an issue either.
The pot holes on the city roads look more like an offroad course does.
I'e always preferred bigger sidewalls than no sidewalls. I don't know why the manufacturers keep selling cars with no sidewall tires. It was good enough for the first 100 plus years, why change now???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts