Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen this before? At first I though my tank was leaking, but upon closer inspection I see it is actually coming from a gas line. It is only doing it while the engine is running. I believe it is the return line but not 100%. I am only assuming it even has a return line to the tank, I'm not 100% on that, either...

I was thinking that maybe where the gas goes back into the tank that inlet might be clogged, and it is forcing the gas to come out right there where the clamp is...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Drop the tank and check the lines. You may have to replace the old rubber lines that extend from the hard lines. I think you are on the right track about the return line.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just changed the fuel pump on mine and the flair fitting was sealing but it was so rusted up that the only way I could get it off was twist the sh-- out of it. May be yours is so rusted that it is not sealing any more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. took care of it for now. The fitting the hose slips over for the return line was so rusted it came apart with part in the hose and part on the tank. I just cut off the part of the hose that had rusted metal in it and put the hose back on the (now shorter) fitting. It's not gonna last forever, but it'll do for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There IS a vent line from the fuel pump down to the ground on the side, that could be your problem, as the diaphragm(?) could be rotted and allowing gas to be pumped out of the vent, or whatever that's for. From what I remember, there's 4 pipe outlets on the pump, one for fuel from the tank, one for a return line (These two are next to each other), one for carb (Side facing radiator), and one for the vent (Side facing the cab, facing down).

This is on a 87 w/ a Holley carb, but stock everything BUT the carb...as far as I know, stock everything except carb fuel system-wise.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts