Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a suzuki forenza 2006. i was installing a car alarm and i got everything to work perfectly lights too. so i take the car for a spin making sure things work fine turn it on off get out test the doors you know everything. well one time i started my car and on the way back from around the block i herd a click from my alarm module and my lights cut off. i have not been able to get them to work since. the high beams work the blinkers work the day lights work. So the low beams and inside the car the speedometer doesn't light up. in the instructions it said connect some purple wire to my parking lights which are in my headlight switch. i found three wires a white plug thing a black one a green and black one and a white one. i connected the purple wire to the white because when i probed it it went from pos to neg when i turned on my parking lights. Well turns out the alarm module was set up for positive parking lights and i have negative so i guess that did SOMETHING to my lights. well i switched the alarm module to negative parking lights. and now when i lock or unlock the doors the parking lights and the speedometer lights up. but while driving and i try to turn on the lights nothing comes on. the only way to get the speedometer to light up is by pressing a button on my remote, and the headlights never come on. all the fuses look good. i talked to a guy and he said it may be my headlight switch. CAN ANYONE HELP ME. either fix what is wrong or tell me an inexpensive fix. figured the dealer would say i voided the warranty by trying to do it myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i see all the post about the cluster gauge and clipping the three red wires... well should i try this? i don't want to clip them and tape em together and still get nothing... also say taping them together works. now do the lights operate like normal? or are my lights always gonna be on when the car is on? and lastly what about my speedometer if i take the red wires tape em together and get the headlights working will my speedometer light up now too. cause it's hard to drive at night and you can't see how fast your going

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not to sure i threw everything away already.... my friend who went wit me says it's an alert rs110... but not to sure if dats what it is ... it was all his idea so i guess i believe him

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i took out the cluster guage and looked for the wires everybody was looking for. i don't know how it was so easy for everyone else. that whole back there is really small or i just have fat hands... anyways looking back there i only saw 2 white things one on the left and one on the right. everybody has said left so i went with the one on the left. i was unable to pop it off like they had talked bout. and my white clip from what i could see didn't look burned. it also had bout 6 or seven wires in it on it's left side of it and three purple wires by there lonesome on the right. so not sure if this was what i was posed to be lookin for i stuck three paper clips to the metal inside of the white thing where the purple wires were goin and touched the other ends together. and the lights did not turn on with the car on or off so i guess those are the wrong wires or that's not my problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will look at the module tomorrow when it's light out ... umm yea i checked my fuses well under the hood i checked the easy ones that said lights or low beams the one with the wire ... they all looked good but i have a big one that's grey that says headlight .... it's a big block like one i didn't know how to check that since i couldn't see inside. but i switched it with the one that was for power windows and they still didn't come on... figured that one was good since my power windows work. i don't think there are any fuses for lights on my fuse box inside

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i took it to the dealer and paid for a diag and all they told me was there is after market things installed on your car and that could be why it's not working. we would have to trace back the wiring and figure out where the problem is and fix it and that would cost bout 300 dollars. so i'm not sure if i got my money's worth out of the diag or not cause they told me aftermarket stuff may have caused the problem well i knew that. and they still didn't tell me how to fix it or why it's not they don't come on

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
theres no other way for them to find out if thats the culprit or not. i wouldn't have brought it in for a diagnostic. they worked fine till you put your remote start in, right? your best bet is to rewire the whole remote start/keyless entry yourself. i bet you'll learn a thing or two about it...that way if it ever goes out or you buy a new car, you can install it yourself

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea the only problem i see is with all the wiring only one wire connects to the lights so i take that off and the lights still don't work although when connected, and i push any button on the remote the parking lights flash and speedometer lights up until i hit the brake, which shuts off the remote start so if i have the key in the car stays on all the lights go back out but if i don't then everything turns off. but that's the only way i can get the parking lights/speedometer to work is by pressing a button on the remote... headlights never cut on... if i replace my DRL with a diff bulb would that make them birghter? or are they dim cuz of a certain voltage? cause if it will then i may just replace those and be like i have my headlights on all the time... atleast i'd see better at night

·
Registered
124 Posts
robrod14 said:
in the instructions it said connect some purple wire to my parking lights which are in my headlight switch. i found three wires a white plug thing a black one a green and black one and a white one. i connected the purple wire to the white because when i probed it it went from pos to neg when i turned on my parking lights..
The purple wire on your alarm module should be connected to the dome lights. Disconnect the purple wire and dont use it for now until you get your other lights working. its not that important.

The Brown wire on your alarm should be connected to your parking lights, and set for negative charge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i am. but when i look at the harness there is no brown wire. i went to the second whole no matter which way i was holdin it and there was no brown wire. so i went to the first and saw what color that was and i went to the third and saw what color that was ... and i located those two colors on the harness and in between them was a purple wire not a brown wire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i finally figured it out... i had blown my headlight switch... what i was sayin it was from the get go. And my suzuki dealer after my diag said my switch was fine.... those peopl sometimes i swear. oh well i got the switch replaced and lights work fine just out of the money i spent on the diag with them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts