Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking my engine bay and i found out this hise was leaking, the problem is i dont know what hose it is so i cant get a replacement

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,249 Posts
That is the PCV hose, replace with generic hose of same size

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
It only holds manifold vapours, so what is leaking .?

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Remove the PCV valve from the valve cover and clean is with some solvent, reinstall with new or present hose.. it should click freely when clean..

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
there is oil under it, the big black spot under the hose is oil
Then clean and check the PCV rubber grommet at the cover, 99% of the time that's the leak, if that hose is leaking your idle would usually be affected, as that will be a vacuum leak source.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok will do as soon as i can get a replacement, here in peru we cant even leave our house to go to work so its gonna take a while for me to get another hose and/or valve

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
You dont need a hose, pull it apart and clean it, reassemble and then see exactly what is leaking, as you drive it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then clean and check the PCV rubber grommet at the cover, 99% of the time that's the leak, if that hose is leaking your idle would usually be affected, as that will be a vacuum leak source.
yes, my idle is very rough, as soon as I start the engine it will go to 2000rpm immediately, and then when it warms up then it goes back to like 1000rpm but keeps fluctuating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You dont need a hose, pull it apart and clean it, reassemble and then see exactly what is leaking, as you drive it.
i will attach another photo because i think something is broken just hang on 1 minute let me take the picture

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
That may a manifestation of a sticking PCV, clean it and see what results, you do not need to go anywhere....may not need a new valve or hose...

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
You can do a temp repair with electrical tape to cover a split, just clean hose first.

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Phew! thought you would never calm down... keep up the good work, we are pulling for you.. stay safe !!

But next time stay at least 2 meters from the computer.... or wear a mask...

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Ahh! yes that is the result of heavy hands... needs to be replaced, or judicious use of emergency epoxy like "JB Weld"

If you go the repair mode, make sure it is implacably clean first...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here in peru at least until now i cant find one i will have to call the suzuki dealership because i think there are newer models that use the same pcv valve right?

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
one off the same engine model would be the best, as a "emergency" to allow you to drive it, plug the hose with a cork, or a bolt and tape so its not sucking air, and clean the cover, find some hose that will push into the hole and run the end into a bottle to catch the oil, mount away from the hot stuff obviously, this will at least allow you to drive it if you need to in an emergency.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts