Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was wondering if ANYONE would know how I could swap my 06 Suzuki Reno Automatic transmission to a MANUAL! Thank you! Please help me out!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. not really sure why you want to do this its a really big job and doesnt always work out great. first thing you need is a good mechanic preferably one whos done this kind of thing before. then basically youll need everything associated with the manual trans. the transmission, clutch, flywheel, manual ecu (the car wont run on your auto ecu), clutch pedal assembly, shifter assembly, trans mounts i think they might be different, all the lines and cables. think thats it, at least the basics that youll need. besides a bunch of money lolol!! any other questions just ask. let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Just as 7-even said, it's a HUGE task, and it wont be cheap.. at all. You may be wiser to simply find a manual Reno, and trade it for your auto depending on the skill level of mechanics in your area, or your own skill level.

What you'll need is a manual tranny, clutch assembly, new flywheel, mounts, an ECU that's been reset, a floor panel from a manual Reno, any lines existing could be reused, and the rest you'll need will come with the clutch assy.

I've already had this priced in my area because I want to do the same thing, and I've been quoted 25-2700$ (and labor + tools *always* runs over) and that's WITH me supplying parts.

So what I've decided was to get a new auto transmission from the Chevy Cruze. I'm still researching if my ECU will be able to handle to change.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Ah yes the cruze transmission. Still waiting to hear about that one. Can you keep me updated about any info you have. I'm thinking of doing this swap too. Any idea if the OEM reno axels work? Maybe start a new thread about the transmission. Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts