Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Mr. Z. - can you tells us what the stock rim size & backspacing is? Also, where in the wheel well does it rub?
try this site Fordem, you may have to search correct year and model but it gives the ET (offset) for all factory rims, may help? looks like a factory inch positive on the 5.5 and 6J rims reducing to 3/4 inch on the 6.5J rim

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
It took me less than 30 seconds to find incorrect data in there - multiple OEM sizes listed there are not listed in Suzuki's documentation - and unfortunately Suzuki does not list offset with their rim data, just diameter & width.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mr. Z. - can you tells us what the stock rim size & backspacing is? Also, where in the wheel well does it rub?
The Tracker has the 15x5.5, 6 hole steel rim (not sure of the backspacing).

The tires contact when turning at full lock and under compression...they contact on the inner portion of the wheel well.
Example: When turning left, the driver's tire inboard edge would rub. When turning right, the passenger's wheel inboard edge would rub. (US, left-had drive Tracker)

Cheers

·
Registered
1996 Suzuki Sidekick 2 Door Automatic 16 valve
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I'm running 235/75/R15 (General Grabber AT3) on stock rims with no lift.
There is a small amount of rubbing in the wheel well. However, only under full compression, with the wheel at full lock, when off pavement, but it truly is not bad.
A couple of blows with the BFH and it wouldn't rub at all...just haven't gotten to it...
I figured out the size part. I will get the 235/75/R15 and most likely 15x7 or 15x8. I just didn’t take into consideration the backspacing.. something I gotta figure out before buying. Thanks for the input tho 🤙🏼

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
96 LSI 4×4. These are 4.0" backsace 15×7.5" wheels with 235/75-15 wheels. I bought about about 4 years off ebay so I cant pull up history. Sorry.
They all balanced perfect with very little weight. I had factory rims with Goodyear MTs 235/75-15 and on wet pavement they would slip all over the place on accelerating and braking. Not the firsy Goodyears I had and all the same. I will never buy them again!!!
This size tire does seem to roadwalk on factory and these rims. Nature of the beast I think. Great off road though. Irun 24-25psi front and 23-24 psi rear. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
ok so 4.0” backspace? Thanks! I’ll look at some tires with that option. Nice ride btw. I wanted to blackout my Sidekick as well Lol your ride is the look I initially planned for but I became indecisive lately. Been thinking about a brighter color like a teal green or something.. still might go with black tho we’ll see. Thanks for the input 🤙🏼

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in North Texas and the 110+° in summer with HIGH humidity is hardly tolerable. A/C works but takes a long time to finally cool to comfortable in summer peaks!!

·
Super Moderator
12,869 Posts
When turning left, the driver's tire inboard edge would rub. When turning right, the passenger's wheel inboard edge would rub. (US, left-had drive Tracker)
Is it rubbing the wheel arch or the frame?

I have a similar situation with my GV, the inner edge of the tire just polishes the frame on full lock, you don't feel it whilst driving, but the evidence (missing paint) is clear.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I'm in North Texas and the 110+° in summer with HIGH humidity is hardly tolerable. A/C works but takes a long time to finally cool to comfortable in summer peaks!!

I feel you man , Hawaii gets pretty hot too. Haven’t thought about the black causing more heat , that’s a good point tho lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it rubbing the wheel arch or the frame?

I have a similar situation with my GV, the inner edge of the tire just polishes the frame on full lock, you don't feel it whilst driving, but the evidence (missing paint) is clear.
You nailed it! It is the frame that is being "polished"... You don't even feel it while driving...
The General Grabbers don't show any wear on the outer edge from the contact.

Cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Just so you're aware of it - backspace can not be considered in isolation - it goes hand in hand with rim width.
Ohhh I see. Damn lol. I’ll keep lookin. Maybe I’ll just bring my Car to the tire shop and maybe they’ll be able to figure it out, hopefully lol. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I also recommend Low Range Off Road, they are quite good.
I would definitely buy from them again. Really good customer service. They’d help me out with questions I had all the time without making me feel like an idiot lol. They also helped me with a refund I needed when accidentally purchasing the same thing twice and they did it quickly. Shipping was fast too and I live in Hawaii.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts