Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now into Feb and I just got it back. After doing some serious bitching and getting a lawyer(not a fan but it helped(no offence to you lawyers out there)) the squeaky wheel was finally greased a little.
Parts that were supposedly not available like doors, windshield, roof panel etc. etc mysteriously started appearing about the same time I threatened legal action. Geico is useless they like to point fingers and sound like a broken record. And due to the lack of customer service on their part(the adjuster was an @ss and extremely rude to my wife) they paid for the entire rental not just the 30 days. The big S on the other hand is now willing to reimburse me for 2 months of car payments I made on a car that they didn't have parts for.
On a side note: the damn deer got up and ran back into the woods to die and I wasn't feeling up to chasing it, my best friend and passenger was more than willing to run off into the woods and drag it back for me
L8R all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats, go out and buy Deer Whistles to put on your front bumper!:rolleyes:

Who did you have to talk to at Suzuki? Just wondering and it might be helpful to forum members in the future.

Really sucks that you had to bring out 'the big guns' just to get reasonable service. If you didn't talk to Suzuki Owner Relations, make sure you do anyway. I'm sure they would love to hear how you were mistreated.

Happy Motoring, Marv

·
Registered
17 Posts
keystoneco said:
Congrats, go out and buy Deer Whistles to put on your front bumper!:rolleyes:
Actually, deer whistles have been proven to not work.

We get a LOT of deer on the backroads here in Connecticut. I've actually seen one go through the windshield and fatally injure the driver. All you can really do is slow down a bit and try to be aware of your surroundings. That's not going to help you much if a deer just bolts out into the street from the brush, but it might give you more time to react.

Cheers,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Whistling at deer

Alter ego - Glad to hear that your rig is back in service. As for deer whistles, they are like believing in the lochness monster, some folks do and some don't. If you are going to try them make sure you mount them with ample air flow behind and infront. Bumpers are not usually a good place,neither is the hood or roof ahead of the drivers hearing. The sound will drive you crazy. Also do not put your faith in that they will repell animals. They do not, but they do let them know that you are coming. I have not hit any deer since I had them installed at x-mas time. But I also haven't hit the lochness monster either. Must be working........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here in Australia we have same problem with Kangaroos up to 6ft tall and all muscle. I couldn't get a Roobar so I fitted a SHU-RU, it transmits a noise in front of car to scare or let the animal know you are coming, I know birds don't like it as they get out of the way alot earlier, I haven't seen a Roo yet to see its reaction to the noise so maybe its working or I'm lucky. In the last 20 yrs or so I would have hit over 25 Kangaroos or the smaller Wallaby's. Our SX4 doesn't have a Roobar or NudgeBar made for it yet so I'll be fitting a SHU-RU[ about $400 aus] as soon as I can.[My PT Cruiser has one already]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts