Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it home the day before yesterday its a 87 built Dec.1986 in fair shape. Now the fun begins.

Here's the short list to start.

[ ] Clean Carb wont idle
[ ] Inspection (so I can get license plate)
[ ] Headlights are dim
[ ] Tail lights are dim
[ ] Antenna loose
[ ] Power outlets (no cigarette lighter?)
[ ] Tow bar
[ ] Shifter Sheets. (gotta get a kit)
[ ] Wheels,clean or swap from tracker?
[ ] Spare tire cover
[ ] Lift, spring over or just 2 or 3" shackles l don't need a lot
[ ] New top (you'd think it was a hard top)
[ ] Fold down windshield. (gotta get a kit)
[ ] Cut door hinges (for removable doors)

Took top off carb, (lots of little parts in there for such a simple carb) cleaned jets and replaced 2 O-rings runs better but I doubt I'm done with it (didn't have a kit)
New alternator belt took care of the dim lights.

Just what I needed,another project. Wish me luck.

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea "simple'' isn't really the word I was looking for there but "silly" wasn't right either "over complicated POS" might have worked better but I was trying to play nice .

I'm going check with my inspector about the Webber its old enough not to need an emissions check here in NC but they still do a visual under the hood and I'd hate to get stuck behind some red tape.

But yes Webber's are the stuff I had one on my 73 Datsun pickup back in the day, that was a great little piece of kit, sounded like a hot rod and ran like a scalded dog.

But for now I got the stock one running pretty good. He said crossing his fingers and knocking on wood.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Webber is not emissions friendly. You can get the EGR valve to work with the Webber if you get tricky but definitely check with local laws before you go that route.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update!

Carb good now ran it around Saturday I'm happy with it so far.
Inspection went well except he broke the hinge on the glove box. I know it would have broken before long anyway but he didn't bother mentioning it at all.

Started putting on new hoses decided to do the timing belt and water pump while I'm in there.

Think I'll make me some 2 or3 " shackles for the front with extra holes for a tow bar then some straight ones for the back.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Carb mods

I traded for a Samuri early this spring and when I got it the carb was total junk... So I had a Rochester dual jet on hand. I used and adaptor from a toyota land cruiser that looks like a mini tunnel ram. At first i did all this with no mods done to the intake, just using its stock ports. It worked but it had a massive stumble off idle. Later I took it all back apart and cut the ports out in the intake where the carb meets. It still has an ever so slight stumble when cold but otherwise she's a screamer. Plus the plugs Show that it's jetted right. Being new to this sight, I felt that i needed to share lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts