Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the scoop: '87 new to me Samurai that apparently has had a TBI added on it. Below the thermostat housing I can figure out the coolant sensor for the gauge (small with a blade) but the other one which I assume is the ECT (two tiny wires that were sorta wrapped maybe in heat shrink). That one had broken wires and a failed repair job so I'm looking to replacement. Since I have no idea what the TBI donor was, I can't find this part exactly. NAPA wasn't any help nor O' Reilly,

The current sensor is marked "TB-122A 43-OFF" one one side, "L" on another and 609 with a symbol on another, None of these is google or napa match for cross reference.

Im attaching pictures. Ignore the bad solder and picture two little wires with heat shrink

Thanks for the help in figuring out the donor and or part number. All the ECTs I find have a probe and this doesn't

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have found the answer. Its the mysterious thermal switch that isn't listed in any part catalog. Great. Off to the junkyard. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
What part number is the ECU? that should give you a clue as to the type of EFI. I assume the thermal switch is for a/c, I don't think any Track/Kicks had one for the EFI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts