Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I picked up my curtesy car, thank you Tracks. It is identical to my 2017 szt except its a Hybrid. First, I love the amazing stop start. The best and least intrusive I have ever driven. Silent in operation, after the first stop you dont even notice it working. After collecting the car, I did my usual (well unusual in these odd times) lunch at pub, first in over a year, petrol / shopping trip, ride around countryside then home, same trip, same speed. My usual non hybrid consumption is 66.9mpg. Oddly the hybrid has only managed 65.7. This was a round trip of 72miles, mix of town country and short distance of main road, which hammered the consumption. Obviously things will change with more miles on the clock. This car has covered 3400 from new so should be run in. It feels slightly dull compared to mine. Acceleration not quite so chirpy, not that I floor it, just feels a bit woolly. The brakes squeak just like mine, grrr, and the fronts rattle just like mine. You would have thought after 3 years Suzuki would have ironed out these teething problems. Oh and the passenger seat belt rattles, just like mine. I cant be the only one to have complained. Ive got it for 2 more days, so we shall see if it is any great advance. I suspect not. Oh one odd thing, when on lock pulling out of a side turn, it dosnt really self centre, you have to wind it back. Havnt noticed this with mine which is now on slightly wider 185 55 tyres. Hope this provides a insight to the hybrid v not conundrum. Cheers Colin

·
Registered
Vitara SZT hybrid automatic in Galactic Grey
34 Posts
So today I picked up my curtesy car, thank you Tracks. It is identical to my 2017 szt except its a Hybrid. First, I love the amazing stop start. The best and least intrusive I have ever driven. Silent in operation, after the first stop you dont even notice it working. After collecting the car, I did my usual (well unusual in these odd times) lunch at pub, first in over a year, petrol / shopping trip, ride around countryside then home, same trip, same speed. My usual non hybrid consumption is 66.9mpg. Oddly the hybrid has only managed 65.7. This was a round trip of 72miles, mix of town country and short distance of main road, which hammered the consumption. Obviously things will change with more miles on the clock. This car has covered 3400 from new so should be run in. It feels slightly dull compared to mine. Acceleration not quite so chirpy, not that I floor it, just feels a bit woolly. The brakes squeak just like mine, grrr, and the fronts rattle just like mine. You would have thought after 3 years Suzuki would have ironed out these teething problems. Oh and the passenger seat belt rattles, just like mine. I cant be the only one to have complained. Ive got it for 2 more days, so we shall see if it is any great advance. I suspect not. Oh one odd thing, when on lock pulling out of a side turn, it dosnt really self centre, you have to wind it back. Havnt noticed this with mine which is now on slightly wider 185 55 tyres. Hope this provides a insight to the hybrid v not conundrum. Cheers Colin
I have just bought a new SZT. is yours aromatic? I had a non hybrid last year for a while and can’t say I’ve noticed the difference when accelerating etc. I do like the stop start. The only difference for me, the seats on this one are a bit less taut

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have just bought a new SZT. is yours aromatic? I had a non hybrid last year for a while and can’t say I’ve noticed the difference when accelerating etc. I do like the stop start. The only difference for me, the seats on this one are a bit less taut
never known mine to smell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts