Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed quite a few folks have dealt with this problem, and I've noticed even more folks asking about this problem.

"HVAC mode door not switching vents when commanded."

I tried the fuse pull for a minute, then removed battery terminals for a minute. Neither would work to allow the actuator to recalibrate. So I took it apart, fixed it (for now), and shot some video. I have a subscription to Mitchell 1 DIY, so it was easy for me to find the actuator. I hope this helps some folks who would otherwise not know how to get to the mode actuator.

2008 Suzuki XL7 HVAC Mode Door / Actuator Fix - YouTube

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great Video, I got lucky and the fuse pull worked for me, but my issue was a bit more than just the position, my heat/cool was not working either. Thank you, will check this if I ever have the need before I sell this lovely piece of machinery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Darren, I have a 2007 that's doing the same thing....also though the heat/cool knob will not change the temp....it stays on cool...I have changed the actuator you show in video however, that did not solve my problem....still the same...air only comes out at floor now since I changed it and is only in A/C mode.....before I changed the actuator it came out from all ducts at the same time. Any thoughts as to what I may try now? I'm wondering if the switches themselves have both gone bad. I see from looking at them from the back that they are all sort of tied together in the same casing behind the knobs....I don't find any video or other forum on this issue...thanks for whatever input you may have....Thanks,
KSmith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts