Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum and live in the UK. I bought a Grand Vitara X-ec with the 2.5 V6 petrol engine back in August last year.

Within a short period of time it had developed a problem..... every now and then the brakes would not work at all. It was like pressing your foot on a brick wall and trying to push it over. The pedal was locked at the top and would not allow me to depress it at all. Once I came off of the pedal and re-applied the brakes, it worked ok.

This happened a number of times and the car was taken back and replaced a couple of months later.

New car.......

Driving home the other evening, guess what happened.... EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!! Needless to say, I had the car towed to the garage that I bought it from.

Problem is, they don't appear to believe me. I spent over 5 hours at the garage yesterday.

I was told over and over something along the lines of "we find it hard to believe that of all the Grand Vitara drivers you are the only one that has had this problem and on two cars in a row. If there was a problem, don't you think it would have been raised as an issue by now".

I am aiming to get my money refunded and never to set foot in another Suzuki again. (No dis-respect guys but two Suzukis have nearly killed me, my wife and two young children on several occasions now - the cars are great other than the brake issue).

Have any of you guys had the same (or similar) problems with your brakes? Any ideas on the best way to pursue this?

Thank you for your time.

Gavin

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
never heard of thsi problem in the XL7 before.. I am on a few Suzuki forums and we post all problems with em too. Sounds like a master cylinder problem..

My brakes have always been perfect..

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - thanks for the info. Could you please give me the addresses of the other Suzuki forums so I can search / ask the question.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like either something rolled under the peddle or your turning off the engine whilst rolling along which means you have no break servo . ive been a mechanic for 20 years and never heard of this happening in any vehicle . have you stuck anything under the bonnet for storage or changed any engine parts ive seen some pretty stupid things done in my time by customers and it never ceases to amaze me . if there was a master cylinder prob it would more likley be that the peddle went to the floor where the internal seals failed allowing the piston to pass through the fluid rather than pushing the fluid into the pipes . i gotta be honest i think its something you have done and im not surprised the garage doesnt believe you . how often does it happen maybe you should take a mechanic for a drive and show him wot happens he may be able to instantly diagnose the prob then .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by sooty6307@Apr 22 2005, 07:01 AM
sounds like either something rolled under the peddle or your turning off the engine whilst rolling along which means you have no break servo . ive been a mechanic for 20 years and never heard of this happening in any vehicle . have you stuck anything under the bonnet for storage or changed any engine parts ive seen some pretty stupid things done in my time by customers and it never ceases to amaze me . if there was a master cylinder prob it would more likley be that the peddle went to the floor where the internal seals failed allowing the piston to pass through the fluid rather than pushing the fluid into the pipes . i gotta be honest i think its something you have done and im not surprised the garage doesnt believe you . how often does it happen maybe you should take a mechanic for a drive and show him wot happens he may be able to instantly diagnose the prob then .
dear sir,

i own an ignis bought in Nov 04 but ve prob as follows less than a year:

whenever i press the brake pedal hard, i hear funny watering sound colliding in a tank from the back shaft. initially i suspect insufficient fuel in the fuel tank causes this water waving but i ruled this out for two reasons 1. fill the tank with full fuel but prob still exists 2. it never happened as such before.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

mf77

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
could you be hearing the ABS working?? Is the brake pedal pulsating *real fast*?? If it is, thats what your hearing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts