Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
exist3nz has been running a turbo for a while now hes the one to talk to. the trans cant take much tork but its definitly possible to turbo. do a forum search youll find his link to his turbo forum a daewootech.com its his whole buildup

·
Registered
184 Posts
its the psi not just the turbo, i was looking in to t3/t4 with a 7psi waste gate spring, and since there are .25% of people want to turbo these cars it will be all custom. so what you need:

- turbo t3 or t3/t4 with waste gate (preferably internal waste gate)
-waste gate( if not internal) with a 4-7psi spring
-intercooler
-turbo header
-OPTIONAL blow off valve
-tubing (intake, charge pipe, exhaust)
-turbo oil lines
- gaskets
-*very important* arp head bolts/studs
and to get it to run right an engine management system, dyno and experienced tuner.

as for pricing google... it veries for all companies.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
- turbo t3 or t3/t4 with waste gate (preferably internal waste gate)
-waste gate( if not internal) with a 4-7psi spring
-intercooler
-turbo header
-OPTIONAL blow off valve
-tubing (intake, charge pipe, exhaust)
-turbo oil lines
- gaskets
-*very important* arp head bolts/studs
and to get it to run right an engine management system, dyno and experienced tuner.

as for pricing google... it veries for all companies.
+1. Carefully when products say "greddy like" or "HKS style", they're just cheap knock offs. Sometimes I got with them if it's a part that is MUCH cheaper, doesn't look like total crap, and isn't a part that if it breaks it'll cause any serious damage.

Also a boost gauge and EGT gauge would be very helpfull, maybe even a wideband.

I carry turbo manifolds and piggy back units for tunning. I'd have to check, and know which piggy back you wanted but it'd be under $1,000 shipped for the two.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
one thing you dont want to skimp on is the turbo itself. get a trusted name brand like kinky said gready, hks, turbonetics. when it comes to these kinds of parts buying cheep means getting cheep and usually probs in the future. something you def dont want with a turbo set up where your whole motor could be in danger. also the gauges kinky said. on top of that you should get a turbo timer and boost controller. saves the life of your turbo and motor. do some reserch into diferent turbo set ups, spooling times, which set up matches what your looking for. also dont just go to any shop to have the work done.
\there are a ton or install horror stories by shopes that said they could do a install and just made things worse. reserch shops, find a trusted pro, ask people that have had work done at the shop. asking questions will save you money and frustration further down the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ight thanks that helps alot im new at all this so i kinda know what im looking for you know

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
turbo timer
Oh! I almost forgot about that. I'd do a turbo timer anyways. I've had one on my car for a few years and it's awesome...the car turns off about 20 seconds after I get out and always gets me tons of comments. Girls love those kinda features too ;) Mine finally died on me and I need one for my new car so if you want one lemme know. I'm sure if I get three then I can get a deal. They're usually $85 shipped for a really nice greddy one in black or silver with a blue screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts