Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking for a class 3 reciever that will just bolt up to my stock Sammy bracket hanging down under the bumper? anybody know where I can get one?

I would like to load my Yamaha WR450 on a single bike rack and take them out for a day ride once in a while. Will the Sammy do wheelies with a 300lb bike and 35lb motorcycle rack on the back? Keep in mind, all stock Sammy tin top with stock sized tires.

What do you think, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
As far as driveability, I don't think the samurai would have a problem with the weight back there. Structurally though, I wouldn't want to put a 350 lb load hanging on that bar. It supposedly can pull 1000 lbs, but downward load rate on a hitch mounted to that tow bar shouldn't exceed 100 lbs. You'll either need a hitch bumper with a reciever on it that is rated for a heavier load, or you will need to get a trailer for your bike. You're looking at about the same cost for a cheap trailer or a heavy duty hitch bumper.

with a trailer, you can also carry gas cans, a toolbox and a large cooler. Extra cargo capacity never hurts with a small vehicle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Baratacus.
Heck my Trailblazer is rated at 400lbs of hitch/tongue weight, so no way would I throw 350lbs on the back of the Zuki.
Here is a really cheap little trailer ($399) that would haul everything and you might be able to find one used and cheaper off of Craigslist.
1720 Lb. Capacity Super Duty 48" x 96" Utility Trailer with 12" Five Lug Wheels and Tires

Here is a bolt on reciever hitch but it is sold by Rocky Road Offroad. I would rather push my Samurai off a cliff, then climb down said cliff, and light the Samurai on fire... than to deal with ROcky ROad Offroad again, but some people have good luck with them.... kinda like buying a lottery ticket... someone has to have a positive experience but i have yet to meet a person that has.
Hitch mounted cargo rack

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd go with a trailer, too. Back in the late 70's, I pulled a Holsclaw 3 rail with my Chevy Monza and it did fine. I see Holsclaws pop up once in awhile and a single rail would be really light. The bumper hitches feel funny and I don't like them, even with a Chevy 2500 HD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i hear you guys. it's not so much the total weight, it's the way it's being distributed. I'll just wait till I get some kind of swing-away bumper with calss 3 reviever. any thoughts on that, where to find one?

·
Registered
616 Posts
rear bumper options

also check out the rear bumpers at Zuks' Offroad

ZOR Zuks Off Road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts