Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TPS light will not turn off even if all tires are at the correct air pressure. How do I reset the light from inside the cabin, tried disconnecting the battery, left unconnected for more than 10 min. but doesn't do the trick. Any help will be appreciated.

Thax,

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to reset the tps sx-4

After putting in 31 PSI drive the car for at least 5 miles. That will reset the tps light

·
Registered
388 Posts
Tyres lose pressure as temperature drops. 31 when it's warm can easily end up in the 20s at night or early morning. If you have trouble try either 31-32 at your coldest local temp or try going a bit higher like 36

·
Registered
16 Posts
i noticed my light was on and added enough air and it would not goes off. The tires were wore out. I bought new tires and the sensor went off. I guess with wore out tires it think there is not enough air in the tires.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Some TPMS use the ABS brake sensors and a change in wheel diameter would be significant. AFAIK the SX4 TPMS system with wheel sensors only uses pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My TPS light will not turn off even if all tires are at the correct air pressure. How do I reset the light from inside the cabin, tried disconnecting the battery, left unconnected for more than 10 min. but doesn't do the trick. Any help will be appreciated.

Thax,
If one or more of the TPMS sensors within the wheels are bad, the TPMS light will flash at each vehicle start, then turn and stay on steady. My tire dealer used some type of scanner/sensor and determined that three of the four sensors are bad. (there is no TPMS sensor in the temporary spare, one in the regular wheels and tires).These are not cheap to replace, even by eBay, and to do so requires removing the tire from the wheel to get at the sensors, which are essentially located within the tire below the valve stem. I am choosing to ignore the light, keep a tire gauge in the door pocket, and check the air pressures in all my tires the old-fashioned way about once a week.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Another cause of a continuous TPS warning light is a change of tyre type to one that uses less pressure. I replaced the stock tyres on My Ford Transit Connect (the smaller Ford van built in Turkey - not the recently-introduced Transit). The original tyres requred 40 PSI in the front tyres and 49 PSI in the rear tyres. The new tyres work properly with 35 PSI. This difference causes the tire pressure light to illuminate.

I am taking the truck back to the installing dealer and have them reprogram the TPS on each wheel.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Follow the owner's manual

Just follow the instruction, indicated in your owner's manual. Another option is to contact your nearest car tyres service center.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vitara 2016 TPMS

I have similar problem with my spanking new 2016 Vitara.
The TPMS has activate three times in the year since I have had the car.
Each time the tire pressure is correct on all four tyres (2.4bar).
And I have never been able to reset the TPOMS once it activates and the complete screen is then blocked with only the TPMS showing.
Each time I have had to take the car to the dealer to have the system reset.
Car did it again today - all tyres at 2.4bar and still cannot reset. Will mean another visit to the
dealer tomorrow!

·
Registered
837 Posts
.. all tyres at 2.4bar ...!
Is this from the TPMS reading or from a hand gauge ? If from the system, then indeed there is an internal problem but if this uniform reading is from an external gauge, then there is no garantee that all four sensors read the same. ALL..repeat: ALL measuring instruments are inaccurate....but at different levels depending on quality. Measure ONE tire pressure with 4 gauges and the chance that they all read the exact same pressure is slim. I do not know what difference the car computer accepts as "within margin of error"....

TPMS ??...SO glad none of our 2 cars is plagued with that gadget.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Daft user interface - putting me off buying

I went for a test drive in a Vitara S today. Great car, enjoyed it enormously - apart from the lashing yellow image of the car with all 4 wheels lit up. The dealer apologised, saying that due to the cold weather the indicator had been triggered (it's been all of minus 4 C here recently!). He said the tyre pressures had been checked manually and were fine, and that the car was scheduled to go into the workshop to have them reset.
Well I'm sorry, but any car with such a crazy system isn't one I intend to buy, however much I like the rest of the car. Message to Suzuki - great car, unfriendly software. I's even go as far as to call it "user aggressive".

Tony, Andover, UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
TPMS issue this maybe of interest

My Swift is a 2016 model.
I drove off with my tailgate not fastened securely and the warning alarm started sounding, I then noticed the TPMS light was on even though the tyres looked inflated. I drove home checked all the pressures which were OK including the spare, the TPMS light was still on. Having found this blog I tried pushing the door switch in the ways described with the ignition switched on but the TPMS light stayed on. Finally I tried pressing the door switch with the engine actually running and the TPMS light switched off and is now functioning as it is supposed to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tpms

The User Manual Is not very specific. Firstly you can get past the error screen. If you push the menu control knob and hold you will get the blue screen. This will of course revert back to fault screen. However if when blue screen appears you then press and hold the button in as normal you will get the menu. You can then go to your pressures and ensure that the sensors are reading. I set my tyre pressures to above 33 PSI using an accurate guage and then set the Mode to comfort. Turned everything back off and then back on and the fault cleared. Assume it needs different pressures for each mode. As an aside the day before the fault occurred I had driven a long distance at speed and altitude. The car was then left to go cold overnight. Hope this works for you. Dark Art Ha Ha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The TPS also depends on whether you have it set for "Eco mode, Comfort or Heavy Load". Also it can be turned off as well from the right hand pushbutton. We just bought a 3 yeard sx4 from our local dealer it was fitted with 4 new tyres, cheap ones of course and after 4 weeks TPMS said rear wheels were low. We checked and they where ok. Took it back and the dealer turned it off for now. Anyway wife has stopped moaning for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar problem with my spanking new 2016 Vitara.
The TPMS has activate three times in the year since I have had the car.
Each time the tire pressure is correct on all four tyres (2.4bar).
And I have never been able to reset the TPOMS once it activates and the complete screen is then blocked with only the TPMS showing.
Each time I have had to take the car to the dealer to have the system reset.
Car did it again today - all tyres at 2.4bar and still cannot reset. Will mean another visit to the
dealer tomorrow!
Mine does exactly the same and is the same vintage. I am looking for a way to have the system disabled if anyone knows how. It's an obvious design or manufacturing fault but my dealer just fixes and runs. I have to drive nearly 40 miles to get it fixed so the answer is to disable it and resort to the age old system of kicking the tyres.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a cheap USB charger that I bought from a junk yard that has a predilection to cause enough RFI to cause communication issues with the pressure sensors. I can unplug it and within a matter of miles, the light goes off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts