Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
‘00 Grand Vitara, 4WD, manual, H25A
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The replacement I purchased online came attached to a black backing. Notice the two slots on the bottom of the backing marked with red arrows.

Move the mirror to allow access to the bottom of the backing. You will see the black backing is attached to a white plastic piece.

Use a straight slot screwdriver that fits into the slots to pry off the mirror and its black backing. Install the new mirror by placing into position and snapping it onto the white plastic piece. You’re done!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Yep, looks like the same procedure described in the service manual, but with better pics

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, looks like the same procedure described in the service manual, but with better pics
I diidn’t find the procedure in the service manual. You have a page or section number?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I remember seeing it in somewhere obscure like trim fittings or similar. I'd have to dig it out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember seeing it in somewhere obscure like trim fittings or similar. I'd have to dig it out.
I purchased the replacement mirror on ebay.com.au from CMGS_Australia for $33.99 AUD. That price included $10.00 express post. The mirror was a perfect replacement.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Damn, good deal. Well done

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, good deal. Well done
My vehicle is on Flinders Island, TAS. Appears you are also in Australia. Any recommendations for where to purchase parts outside of a dealer? Last time I purchased parts was from rockauto.com in the U.S. A whole lot less than purchasing the parts in Australia.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
My vehicle is on Flinders Island, TAS. Appears you are also in Australia. Any recommendations for where to purchase parts outside of a dealer? Last time I purchased parts was from rockauto.com in the U.S. A whole lot less than purchasing the parts in Australia.
you need glasses, different flag

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sorry. I didn’t have my glasses on. Those Kiwi and Aussie flags are very similiar.
Ours doesn't have the bird shit on it hehe

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts