Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow suzuki owners! Can anyone give me advice on how to replace rear shocks on my xl7 2.7 2003 model. I was checking my fuel filter type and I noticed that my rear shocks are really rusted. I will change my fuel filter which is held by two spring clips.I will remove the battery and gas cap overnight to relieve the pressure. While I am changing the filter I would like to change the shocks aswell. There are two bolts I need to remove. It seems straight forward on replacing it. Any tips or advice before I do this project? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Rear shocks are exactly as you see them - no tricks.

Be warned leaving the gas cap off and battery disconnected will not relieve the pressure in the fuel lines. You need to disable the fuel pump and run the engine until it dies. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel pump pressure

How do I release the pressure from the tank.I know there is a fuel pump relay,but I do not know where it is located on my 2003 xl7 2.7 engine. I have done taking the negative on the battery and the gas cap and left it overnight with my other cars and there was no pressure when I disconnected the line. I guess it is different with suzuki cars. Need help locating the pump relay.

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel pump relay

Thank you for all your info. This will be a good project when the weather get warmer. Thanks Max for the diagram

1 - 5 of 5 Posts