Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need to replace a wire coming from the TPS harness going into the ECU harness. I am very confused on how to do this. These uploaded photos are of the yellow harness to the ECU and the black harness to the TPS. Any tips, tricks or tutorials on how to do this would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
24,654 Posts
Before you do anything, you will need to remove the negative cable to your battery. It's extremely important that you do this, as you want no live voltage running through your circuits while you work on the ECU connections.
The wires going into those connectors have a clip at the end that clips into the connector. To do this the professional way, you need to insert a very small screw driver or similar into the back of the particular pin that you're working on (the side opposite of where the wire is going in) and release the little tab. There are YouTube videos that show you how to do this. However, you may want to try the easier, less professional, 'backyard' way, if you are sure that the connections inside the connectors are good, and just splice into the wire a few inches from the ECU connector, and a few inches from the TPS connector, running your new wire that way, without dealing with the clips.

Reactions: GA_Boy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm going to try to splice it in. I have max 13 amp and max 156 watt 18 gauge wiring. Do you happen to know what the amps are for they grey wire?

·
Super Moderator
14,267 Posts
If the grey wire is a TPS connection it'll be a few thousandth of an amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I need to replace a wire coming from the TPS harness going into the ECU harness. I am very confused on how to do this. These uploaded photos are of the yellow harness to the ECU and the black harness to the TPS. Any tips, tricks or tutorials on how to do this would be very much appreciated.
Hi how hard is it to replace apostive cable and put in a new one on a 1997 suzuki sidekick

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
Hi how hard is it to replace apostive cable and put in a new one on a 1997 suzuki sidekick
depends on which cable you are talking about, theres about 30 positive cables I can think of in a sidekick for a start.

·
Super Moderator
14,267 Posts
When I see questions like this I'm always tempted to respond with - if you have to ask, it's too difficult for you to do.

In all honesty, it's not a difficult job, but YOU have to know YOUR limitations, we don't know what you're capable of.

If you're replacing the cable with a genuine suzuki part or an exact replacement item then it's a matter of unbolt/unscrew & unplug (start by disconnecting the battery negative please). and then reassemble in the reverse sequence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I see questions like this I'm always tempted to respond with - if you have to ask, it's too difficult for you to do.

In all honesty, it's not a difficult job, but YOU have to know YOUR limitations, we don't know what you're capable of.

If you're replacing the cable with a genuine suzuki part or an exact replacement item then it's a matter of unbolt/unscrew & unplug (start by disconnecting the battery negative please). and then reassemble in the reverse sequence.
Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts