Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I need to remove the dash in order to install the AC EVAPORATOR. I have a 2003 GV with the new dash model. Has anyone did that before,can you guys please explain me how to do this operation?
Regards

·
Super Moderator
13,070 Posts
The evaporator should be behind the glove box - I don't think you need to remove the dash to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
18,191 Posts
I've never pulled one either. :huh:

Check the Service Manual link Vol. 1,
section......

AIR CONDITIONING (OPTIONAL) 1B-39
COOLING UNIT (EVAPORATOR)
REMOVAL

for details.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The evaporator should be behind the glove box - I don't think you need to remove the dash to replace it.
This can be done for a 03-05 model with the new dash design too? The Service Manual is for 99-02 model :( ,but is a good start point .

·
Super Moderator
13,070 Posts
The reason I said should is because I'm not 100% certain - that's where it is on the earlier model GVs and most Suzukis I've worked on - it should take you no more than five minutes to confirm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason I said should is because I'm not 100% certain - that's where it is on the earlier model GVs and most Suzukis I've worked on - it should take you no more than five minutes to confirm.
I can confirm that,today i managed to install the evaporator without removing the dash. It was installed from the compartment located behind glove box,it a easy task (2-3 hours of work).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts