Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought an S-Cross and so far I'm pleased with it, but I have poor reception in my area with the stock radio and there's no AUX input.

I'd like to replace the radio, but first I have to figure out how to remove the original radio (picture attached) without doing any damage.

Does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same car, although with a gps/navi unit installed. I am also trying to remove the radio to connect an amplifier and a subwoofer but still haven't figured out how to take out the radio.
In effect. This is a bumb. :S

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello

same question ./.. how to remove the original radio , want to change to 2DIN Pioneer ! :( ... nobody made it ???

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Could'nt everyone specify where they live by completing their profile?...Of course this forum is opened worldwide but some models are specific to certain countries or continents. S-cross does not exist in America since Suzuki opted out of this continent nearly 3 years ago.
European members could come in and provide some help....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured out how to remove the radio/satnav.

On top of the dashboard the dashboard itself is split in 3 sections. Small (20-25cm wide) section in the middle is the one you want. Just pull it in a upwards direction (no tools needed).
You can now see inside the dashboard and a small center speaker. To the sides there are 2 screws. Just screw them out and push out the stereo. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts

On top of the dashboard the dashboard itself is split in 3 sections. Small (20-25cm wide) section in the middle is the one you want. Just pull it in a upwards direction (no tools needed).
You can now see inside the dashboard and a small center speaker. To the sides there are 2 screws. Just screw them out and push out the stereo. ;)
when you say pull it- what do you mean? the speaker cover runs all the way to the windscreen and there is a very small lip to work with in the front. do i need to use a screwdriver of some sort front the front? i have thick fingers so this doesnt help much... lol :D

I have an annoying rattle from that direction and need to source it before i go mad.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts

I was able to get the cover off, however I am unable to see the screws. Where exactly they should be? Can you mark them on the pictures you have posted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently bought an S-Cross and so far I'm pleased with it, but I have poor reception in my area with the stock radio and there's no AUX input.

I'd like to replace the radio, but first I have to figure out how to remove the original radio (picture attached) without doing any damage.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Just found this Youtube Video about removing Radio/Satnav
Have a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7VGG2n_4r4&list=PLd8Ku8P1PRk7qT7Obe3BMMmyhYuRIVzqy

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts