Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few holes I want sorted to tidy up under the hood, and am wondering how to neaten my screws-in-the-vacuum-line approach of plugging holes, have them looking the part, and also to 'fix and forget', so to speak.

I got a picture of my engine bay with the newly installed LPG system, and have marked out things I want sorted.

The cirlcles are holes I want to block permanently, and I also want to know how to block the holes i'll create by taking off this last pollution host marked in red:

What suggestions can people offer me?

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
For the vacuum hoses - remove the hose and either cap the pipe stub or fill it with epoxy - do NOT, repeat NOT remove the hose indicated in RED and plug the holes - that is a part of the engine's PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) system, and if you plug it, you will end up blowing out either the cam or crank seals.

Some folks will tell you to remove it and replace with a breather filter - yes - that is an option, but, one that will result in a fine film of oil all over the top of the engine and underhood area, dirt will then stick to the oil, and you have an unholy mess.

This is a case of been there, done that, and then put back the original breather setup - you can learn from my experience, or you can learn the hard way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts