Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2009 (Copper) SX4 Hatchback. At the moment, it's covered in mud, road salt, etc, due to the nasty winters we have here in Canada. Anyway, I'm looking ahead to the spring/summer when I can give it a good washing/waxing. I was wondering if any of you would have recommendations for certain products or methods to make my car really shine. So far, I have used a regular car washing liquid and then some turtle wax. However, I have seen products called 'polishes' as well. I've seen products by a company called Meguiar’s when I've been looking in the past. They're kind of expensive but I wouldn't mind paying the price if they work well. Anyway, if you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate them. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2008 SX-4 that is "Vivid Red". I use Turtle liquid "Ice" to keep it shiney. It is easy to use and I get lots of compliments.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Meguires and Turtle Ice are both really great products. best i can say is just give one of them a shot. give the car a good hand washing once or twice. then use the products according to the directions. the car should shine up real nice. depending on what you use, it should stay that way fairly easily with some routine care.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive got a red Reno and I use meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 paste

Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0 Paste

I usually hand wash the car than use a clay bar Meguiar's Direct Smooth Surface® Clay Kit to really get things clean and smooth than I use the Tech Wax. I use a paste wax once a year applied with a electric polisher than use a liquid wax for the rest of the year to keep things shinny. As you can tell I like Meguiar's but what brand you use is up to you in reality there all really close to the same stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts