Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how will i know the pcd size of my tire?
and wat is the meaning of "pcd"?
my current tire size is 13"
coz i bought a tire,just for a spare and the rim hole won't fit my ride.dats my problem.
any suggestion and comments are highly appreciated.
i also posted this on the club carry forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
PCD or Bolt Circle

The bolt circle is the circle determined by the positions of the bolts; the center of every bolt lies on the circumference of the bolt circle.

The important measurement is the diameter of the bolt circle, usually expressed in millimeters, although inches are sometimes used. For a 4- or 6-bolt car, this measurement is merely the distance between the center of two diametrically opposite bolts.

A 1974 MG B is a 4/4.5" (4/114.3) car, meaning it is, again, a 4-bolt pattern with a 4.5" or 114.3mm bolt circle.

This measurement is also known as "pitch circle diameter" or PCD, and the most common PCD values are 100mm and 114.3mm. This difference arises from the manufacturers' measurement convention - whether they're designing around metric values (100mm) or imperial values (4.5 inches, i.e. 114.3mm).

hope this helps

·
Registered
114 Posts
more wheel info

gnm hope this also helps,

Offset
The offset, measured in millimeters, can be negative or positive, and is the distance from the mounting surface to the rim's true centerline. A positive offset means the wheel is front of the mounting surface, closer to the center of the fender; a negative offset means the wheel is away from the mounting surface and projecting from the fender. Offset affects the scrub radius of the steering and it is advisable to stay within the limits allowed by the vehicle manufacturer. However, if tires are fitted which are significantly wider than those specified by the manufacturer, a compromise may have to be adopted whereby a wheel with less offset is used to prevent the tire rubbing on the suspension.

Wheel size
The wheel size is the diameter of the wheel, in inches, not counting the tire. Modern tires in North America have several other measurements associated with their size. A tire designated as a "225/70R14" denotes a tire with the following dimensions: width of tread: 225 mm; ratio of tire height to width: 70 percent; rim diameter: 14". Therefore a 185/70R14 has the same rim size and aspect ratio, but a narrower tread face than the 225/70R14.

For complete tire information and figures please see Howstuffworks "How Tires Work"

·
Registered
114 Posts
no problem...

anybody here knows where we can find negatively offset wheels for our rides? am having difficulty finding 14" or 15" rims with our pcd and negatively offset enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Day,
Guys,
I planning to buy a set of rims for may suzuki van.

Details:
Material: Aluminum
Diameter: 13/14 Inch
Finishing: Silver
Hole: 4
size: 13*5.5 / 14*5.5
ET: 35
PCD: 4*100

Need some advice if this spec will fit may suzuki minivan. TIA

·
Registered
12 Posts
I added some picture of the wheel I'm planning to buy for my suzuki minivan.
I want to ask some opinion if this wheel spec will fit our suzuki minivan..
Hope someone will share some comments regarding this inquiry.
Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! Suzuki vans pickups have 13" wheels.
take off a wheel, try to mount new one, if it fits, it fits, but not much chance of that happening.
It's the nature of our vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts