Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the summer tires switch, i want to jack the car with an floor jack. What is better, to lift left and than right, or front and back?

I have side bars, don't know if it cares with lifting.

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts
Check your owners manual, it will show you where the recommended jacking points are - there will typically be a central jack point at each end that can be used to lift that end, that is not usually the case when lifting from the side.

I would not assume that sidebars make a difference - it might depend on what you consider sidebars, and how yours are constructed and attached to the vehicle - I have seen rock sliders that can support the weight of the vehicle, and also side steps that can't.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont known if "floor jack" was the right word.
This one I mean

Should I lift on the left and right or front and back? And which jacking points?

In the manual I only see the jack points of changing 1 flat tire, So I have to jack 4 times than.

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts

The two circular locations (labeled #3) are the recommended lift points for a floor jack - as I said previously, it's normal to lift one end at a time.

You're either going to have to use jack stands or you going to have jack the vehicle up multiple times - the general idea behind rotation is to swap the tires from front to rear and vice versa - swapping from side-to-side on the same axle won't do much for your tire life.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the pictures, its clear.

I know my english is not that good
I mean to change the wintertires and rims for the summer tires and rims. not to change left to right.

but what is better, to jack left/right or to jack the back and front?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts