Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2004 Alto and am currently having problems with my windscreen washer. I have tried cleaning the jets and blown compressed air through the tubing but doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone know how to get to the washer bottle itself so I can check whether or not there is a leak?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

·
Registered
5,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
It must be a nasty looking one,
all that room and they hid it!!!

:(

Don

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Must be really ugly. The workshop manual says to take the bumper off then the arch trim. They don't want you to see it. Maybe you turn to stone if you look at it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be really ugly. The workshop manual says to take the bumper off then the arch trim. They don't want you to see it. Maybe you turn to stone if you look at it!!
Haha now I'm worried about having a look at it! Where did you find the workshop manual? I've been looking online but can't find anything.

The rear wash works fine although takes a little time to pump through. I can hear the front motor when I try it but the fluid seems to froth up in the tubing.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
The old frothy fluid syndrome, aye!

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just spotted this question, the answer is to pull back the front of the wheel arch liner to reveal the washer bottle and two pumps. They are a push fit held in with o rings. The pump that's playing up is probably gunked up with gel that forms in the water bottle. Best pull the pumps and rinse the bottle out with a hosepipe and flush the pumps to clear them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it was just the pump that was dying in the end. Managed to pick up a replacement for a tenner so it's all good now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts