Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres the deal, I bought an 06 forenza, about a week ago, I notice some grinding putting it in reverse at a full stop to park it. (cold weather dont want the e brake to freeze) also some acasional grinding of 5th gear. The person who had it before me got it reposessed and didnt take the best care of it. It has only 41,000 miles, I think I may want to change the gear oil but have no clue how to drain and add new... Im hoping this will help the problem so I dont have to buy a new clutch??

Can anyone help me?

Also lost stiffness in clutch pedal... slave cylinder/master cylinder maybe? could this be covered by warranty.. or am I just being a car hypocondriact

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Looks like you've already seen the other thread about changing the MTF.

Also if the clutch peddle seems to be mushy and not as stiff as it should be theres a good chance your slave cylinder is dying. Check your hydraulic brake fluid level to see if its slowly decreasing (the clutch system shares this fluid). I had my slave cylinder start leaking on me lately and it made it difficult to change gears as the clutch peddle was very mushy.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats the best way to explain it mushy haha, alright, well I checked and its been staying just above the min level, so I filled it up and we'll see if it helps but I doubt it will. I heard I may need to bleed it. and if that dont work I need a new slave... but is it covered by warranty?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay well I thought it was the slave so I drove it to the nearest dealer he said he needed 45.00 up front incase it wasnt covered by warranty and I know it is, whats up with this? I didnt have money on me so its still acting up and Im afraid with it acting all weird Im further damaging other stuff by driving it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, well then I will have to head back up... hey is it possible for the line the clutch fluid goes thru to freeze?? ITs acting really weird and when I release the clutch it seems like the power gets to my left wheel before the right one if that makes any sense?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts