Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the cool little hood latches from Roadless Gear and have them installed.got tired of having to empty out my glove box to check my oil..I like the fact of keeping my safety latch but after securing the new latches down and hitting some good ol Nashville pot holes my hood latches all the way then I have to empty my box out again AND unhook the cool new hood latches.So,have any of yall installed these and had this issue?Does the cable adjust?

Hope everyone had a great holiday by the way!!

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Idon't remember the latch adjusting up front... but you could add a washer or two under the rubber bumpers at the front corners of the hood.
Frankly, I have never heard of anyone retaining their stock hood latch after swapping out to external latches.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My paperwork that came with these latches actually said to adjust the catch to where it only catches at the safety catch? Thats kinda what I was going off of? I do like the idea of the safety catch still being there JUST in case.Ill try the washer idea,didnt think of that???

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I would have thought the same, but the factory 'safety' part really isn't what it's cracked up to be...

It happened going down the highway at 65, and it seems the previous owner had the same problem because the pic is from AFTER I swept away all the bondo form the crinkled hook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts