Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im considering a suzuki reno for my girlfriend for her first car, she likes the vw jetta or beetle (2000-2004) but I think she would be better of with the suzuki, the reno she would get would be an automatic, she isn't going to drive a lot just groceries, mall, school and etc, she isn't going to do very much highway trips. Is this car fine enough that would be low maintenance?:confused: or is not going to break every day like many volkswagens do? thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think they are bad vehicles if you are a maintenance-conscious owner.Make sure timing belt has been changed at 60 k

miles intervals otherwise the 2.0 interference engine will be a potential toast if it's overdue.

TRS every a couple years and mediocre mpg for a 4 banger.Engine is forgiving on oil changes.

Not the worst car out there but pretty close ,they are cheap to buy for a reason.

I love ours though and would buy another one any day before a Jetta or Bettle.lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they are bad vehicles if you are a maintenance-conscious owner.Make sure timing belt has been changed at 60 k miles intervals otherwise the 2.0 interference engine will be a potential toast if it's overdue.

TRS every a couple years and mediocre mpg for a 4 banger.Engine is forgiving on oil changes.

Not the worst car out there but one of the top 5 worst of that vintage,they are cheap to buy for a reason.

I love ours though and would buy another one any day before a Jetta or Bettle.
sorry if i sound dumb but what is TRS? have you had any problems with yours? and top 5 worst of that vintage?:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Transmission Range Sensor.$35 part and absolutely DIY fix.

We have not had that many problems out of our Forenza,which is the same car as Reno,in 3 1/2 years,

New radiator,battery,TRS,valve cover gasket,headlight bulb,timing belt beside oil changes.

I would not pay more than 3 Grands for them even in great condition and less than 100 k on odometer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts