Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the samurai world and was wondering how much lift is required to clear 30 x 9.5 tires. I'm not looking to build a crawler just an off road/in town runner to have some fun with. I've been looking at the calmini 2" shackle reverse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You should be fine, I have a spring over with rears up front and it looks like I can easily fit 33's Make sure you have wheels with ~2.0" back spacing. Others may chime in as I am rather new to the Sammy myself.

·
Registered
193 Posts
hoghead said:
... wondering how much lift ...to clear 30 x 9.5 tires. I'm looking to build an off road/in town runner .... I've been looking at the calmini 2" shackle reverse.
visit: OregonBushHackers.org
but be aware that they are a bit optimistic about what fits. A springover lift (SPOA) is not required for 30's, but you will need 2-3" of actual lift. Extended shackles provide a lift of about half of the additional shackle length. 9.5" wide tires do NOT normally require wheels with reduced backspacing to avoid rubbing. But you may have to pound the inner fender-well pinch seams flat and trim the front bumper mounts a small amount. I'm running 29x9.5's on 7" zero-offset wheels (4" backspacing). Also, 9.5" tires (on zero-offset wheels) do not normally project out past the OEM fender flares, to comply with the vehicle code in states like mine (CA). There's a good wheel tech site at: https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

This is a very popular subject and some searching will uncover much discussion and opinion. Before you part with your money, research your intended supplier and their reputation in the Zuk community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the help. decided on 2" shackle reverse from Calmini based on the low cost, ease of installation and relative ease of adding more lift should I decide to later take this project to a new height. (no pun intended)
Hoghead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts