Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all,

Over the passed year I have gradually modified my 2004 Optra5.

First was the Kinky UD Pulley & BMS CAI; then a few months later the installation of a CAT-delete pipe, Kinky Mid-pipe with high-flow Magnaflow CAT, custom 2.25 CAT-back and Magnaflow muffler. I managed to find the proper type of spark plug non-fouler to get the rid of the CEL, last week.

As a side note- if you want to get rid of the CEL it requires an 18mm GASKET type non-fouler. The other diameter of non-fouler I came across is 16mm; don't get those ones. Also, I had to enlarge the inner-hole diameter of one of the non-foulers to 1/2" so the O2 sensor could fit through. The unmodified non-fouler connects to the mid-pipe. The modified non-fouler connects to the O2 sensor. The two non-foulers connect with each other.

After a few hundred km's of driving, the CEL is off!

Here's a link to my cardomain profile with photos...
2004 Chevy Optra5 LS that's a tad tweaked - Calgary, Alberta

laters.
:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The info I wanted to share was the fact that the diameter of the non-fouler is 18mm and since I'm a newb :p I bought (and wasted time drilling) a 16mm tapered type (since that was the only type of non-fouler at the store I was at, I assumed that was the only type of non-fouler available) and had to waste more time searching around to find out that the O2 sensor bung is 18mm (and also found out there are gasket type non-foulers available).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the mid pipe + exhaust and CAI and the CEL comes on every so often ( when driven hard ). The easiest way I found to reset the CEL is to unplug the right plug on the ECU and plug it right back in. The CEL is gone after doing that. I have done that about 4 times in the past 6 months, not bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts