Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cabin filter compartment rendered THIS today after two short years in isolation...

Occasionally parking under a tree in my yard apparently doesn't help, I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK, question - we've got two 2004s, and if they have a cabin air filter, ours are probably much more embarrassing. iirc, they're behind (in front of) the glove box, right? I've just never been able to get that "loose", thinking that bending it enough to release it from it's open limit-latch will break something. Am I just (embarrassingly) wrong on that, too? ;-)

·
Super Moderator
19,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it alright. I just removed the right side glove box hinge pivot / screw, dropping the glove box with ease and the horizontal filter door is right there.

I also blew out the filter housing insides (after removing the filters) with shop air.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hmmm...I'll have to look when we're done fighting fires. We get fire days; my daughter gets snow days in SC!!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
OK, question - we've got two 2004s, and if they have a cabin air filter, ours are probably much more embarrassing. iirc, they're behind (in front of) the glove box, right? I've just never been able to get that "loose", thinking that bending it enough to release it from it's open limit-latch will break something. Am I just (embarrassingly) wrong on that, too? ;-)
If its anything like a Jimny then its quite likely that it will break. we didn't get the filter in the UK but looking at those pictures I might order one, and maybe a replacement lid too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts