Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove a front 1/4 panel so I can address a bodywork issue.

What's the best way of getting it off, and what tools do I need?

Also, what sort of caulking do you guys across the Pacific use in the panel gaps?

·
Registered
123 Posts
lots of spotwelds, and panel bonding adhesive. you will need to drill out the spot welds, and pry the panel off the body. we just use good old automovtive caulking.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has had a light accident (before my ownership) and the quarter panel sits about 1/4 inch too far for the front grill fascia to clip in properly. I'm only being fussy, but the patch job is less than impressive so I was thinking about taking the panel off and sorting it out properly. Not too big a deal, but might be a bigger job than i'd hoped.

If it was an easy removal the plan was to take off the panels and get them rustproofed and primed in the same hit...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a great link to have... my work's internet filtered most of the content, but checking it out again at home it's definitely a page to bookmark!

·
Super Moderator
4,421 Posts
fyi- quarter panels are in the back. Welded in place. The ones in the front are called fenders because they are usually bolted on to the rest of the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts