Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 tracker 2dr 4wd.
the splines on the end of the rod that runs from the clutch pedal over to the arm that actuates the clutch cable are stripped.
My plan is to pull the clutch pedal assembly and have the arm spot welded to the rod till I can find a replacement part.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to remove the clutch pedal assembly?
What all do I have to take out to get the assembly out?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Travis

·
Super Moderator
24,515 Posts
Fortunately, I've never had to do this, but will give you FSM instructions for removing the pedal:
Remove negative battery cable
Remove nut, lockwasher, washer and bolt from arm lever on the clutch pedal.
Remove arm lever and cable.
Remove clutch pedal spring from frame.
Remove clutch pedal and 2 bushings from clutch pedal bracket.

One thing I will say, is that this spline strips because of the clutch cable - the clutch cable exerts a tremendous amount of pressure, and if it is not the right cable, or is not adjusted properly, it strips this spline, can break the pedal weld and actually crack the firewall. I would either get a new cable, or check the adjustment on the one you have, so that this doesn't happen again. It's not fun working under the dash (you may want to take the seat out to make it easier......)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack this thread, but my clutch pedal squeaks really loud. Does anyone know how I can grease or oil it? Or conversely could it be the cable making the annoying noise?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have stated my question more clearly...I need to remove the entire clutch pedal assembly. bracket, pedal and all.
Any advice on that. what all do I need to take out or disconnect to get it out.

Bex. I had the clutch cable replaced this past spring because it was sticking very badly. I am guessing that is what started the issue with the splines and it just snowballed from there. Lesson learned.

·
Super Moderator
24,515 Posts
Maybe this diagram will help:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess I should have stated my question more clearly...I need to remove the entire clutch pedal assembly. bracket, pedal and all.
Any advice on that. what all do I need to take out or disconnect to get it out.

Bex. I had the clutch cable replaced this past spring because it was sticking very badly. I am guessing that is what started the issue with the splines and it just snowballed from there. Lesson learned.
Hi. Just registered! I have the same shaft to arm spline failure issue. Were you able to track down these parts. If so, can you provide link?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,515 Posts
Have you tried local junkyards or people parting out their cars? If you spec out your car (year, tranny, # of doors, etc.) it may be possible to get the factory part number for the parts you need, that might help you.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Hi. Just registered! I have the same shaft to arm spline failure issue. Were you able to track down these parts. If so, can you provide link?
Thanks
If it's not broken, can you remove the pedal and build up the worn area with weld (mig) then re-spline with a dremel tool and cut-off disc. Just make sure, prior to reinstall, you can get the pedal and lever into index alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts