Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I stitch out my old connector to my camshaft sensor because the wires were going bad and it seemed that every time I would wiggle the wires my car would start. Now it cranks no start. I thought it was the wires so I got a pigtail and connected it to the camshaft wires. I thought I put it on right. Now, I'm perplexed of how it goes cause my car didn't start. I understand it could be another issue, but I want to know if I at least connected the right wires to where they belonged. I could have sworn the order of my old plug wires were from the top to bottom : pink, black, purple. My new pigtailed are from top to bottom: red, black, blue. How do I know which wires go with what??! Am I supposed to just match the setup of how the wires were before and match it? Or do the numbers on the side have anything to do with it??? Please someone I need answers!!!! 馃檹

Super Moderator
Year, model, and engine would be a good start! :confused:

A pic of your area of concern even better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Suzuki Reno 2006. My old wires that connected to the camshaft position sensor were going bad. So I had to buy a pigtail connector that connects to the camshaft sensor. I thought that since the old camshaft sensor was (going up to down) pink, black, purple - that it should repeat the same order from the pigtail connector that connects to the sensor (going up to down) red, black, blue. I'm assuming that's right cause I left them like that and it's running. I'm also assuming if I had connected then wrong and mismatched them, it wouldn't work or much less start?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts