Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a Calmini 5" bolt-on SPOA with a high steer kit, 31's, and it is caged out with a fuel cell. Everything else is stock. I took it out to Truckhaven over the weekend and it blew me away. I am new to the Samurai world i couldn't believe what it was it was capable of, I was fully keeping up with my buddy with well over 10k into his TJ. I have a little under 2k in mine including the cost of the rig.

Now here are my questions:

What goes bad on the 87 Samurai that i need to fix before they go out at a the wrong time? It has 125k on it.

What should I reinforce/bulletproof/skidplate before the trail breaks it? I plan on only running 31's.

What spares should I keep with me on the trail aside from spare front and rear drive shafts?

Are HD Birfield Cups worth it?

Lock-Rite or Lincoln Locker? It is off-road only.

And finally, are there any good Zuk clubs in SoCal? I live in the Temecula Area.

I figured i would cram all my questions into on post instead of 5. You guys are the experts, where should I start?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if you're wheeling in socal then an axle truss and diff armor are good investments. If you drop the axle on a rock and you don't have armor, it's all over, the metal on the axel housings and diff housing are very thin. If you plan on staying with 31's then the stock axles and birfs should be fine. A cradle or basket for the transfer case is a good invesment if you do more extreme type stuff or rock crawl. Some rock sliders are also good to have and keep the belly a critical couple inches above the rocks you're raking them over.

Fun rig! Samurai's are awesome, I'm glad you discovered them!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is a socal Zuki club website. I have never been to a meeting or anything with them but found them awhile back while searching for a zuki club.
Gad-Zuks of SoCal - Monthly Meetings

Alo alot of other guys in SoCal have posted up and go wheeling together are also over on the Zukikrawlers website. Just scroll down towards the bottom and click on the "Pacific Region"...

+1 on the armor. the rocks are not forgiving.

Petroworks is right near you in Fallbrook for all your Zuki needs....
PetroWorks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!! Thanks guys. I didnt relize that Petroworks was in Fallbrook. I work on Camp Pendleton a few times a week. I am heading out this weekend to Big Bear. Lets see if I can break anything. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts