Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some desperate help here fellas. My 2006 Suzuki Forenza had a leak from the engine valve cover for a while. Every post I read online suggested that gasket needs to be replaced. So I did but leak did not go away and I learned the hard way that the leak is in the little pipe thing on the right side of the valve cover. I cannot find a reconditioned one for cheap anywhere and dealership is asking $430 for it. Dont wanna spend that much for a piece of shit vehicle that this has been for me. Last time when I took it to my mechanic for the gasket replacement, he put some automotive silicone sealant inside that tube on the valve cover to seal it. I believe it lasted for a couple of weeks until recently I noticed a small drip again. Now what can I use to seal it that will last a bit longer until I can get a replacement valve cover for cheap. Picture attached to demonstrate where the leak is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that's just a bypass outlet, mine has leaked stuff from new, but just a tiny amount. Plus that's not the valve cover gasket, or even related to it. Sorry bro, your mechanic is ... ah, nevermind. I was already almost banned once...

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Unfortunately I could not find any diagrams showing a replacement seal. :(
That's ridiculous that your expected to replace the hole cover for what should be something like a replaceable O-ring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read bout similar problem on all family of similar cars, like chevy lacetti, daewoo lacetti, their forums have lots of info how to fix it, they try all kind of different gaskets, but the best way to fix it once and for all - find the cover made out of aluminum, they did made it, I did not know the part number, will google it myself. Plastic cover eventually due to the temps loose the shape, and start liking all over engine and new gasket did not last long. I'm planning to go to the pullaparts and find out if any of the cars with similar engines (forenza) have the aluminum cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For 2.0L Suzuki Forenza 1.8L Daewoo, The aluminium valve cover for Captiva 2.4 L does not fit. Below is someone's reviews.
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-23-38-995.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-24-01-266.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-28-10-629.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-28-10-629.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-24-33-395.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-24-33-395.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts