Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My samy is running 30" Mud terrains right now, but after I lift it (5" SPOA) I would like to run larger/more aggressive tires. How big of a tire can the stock rims (15x5.5) handle. I would like to run super swamper 31x9.50R15LT (15x7.5 rim) or 32x10.50R15LT (15x7 rim) tires, but will the stock rims fit?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theoretically providing the tyre is a similar width and designed for an 'R15' size rimyou shouldn't have too many issues. I've heard of people dong silly things like run 33'x14' tyres where the wall is under heaps of stress cause the tyre is just too wide to be forced into the stock rims. In saying that I'd think the 10.5 might be pushing it a little, It'd certainally be worth speaking to so a 4x4 tyre shop about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I would go for wider rims, not only to reduce the stress on the side-walls but by using an after market steel rim (eg "Mangels") there are often different offsets available.
With the centre of the rim offset towards the back of the rim (eg -10 or -20 millimetres from the centre line of the rim) you will increase the track width of your Samy which will make it more stable, especially after a SOA lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts