Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some lighter weight rims (mainly for more MPG's). It would be nice, but not neccessary to accomodate the TPMS, and look better too. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I live off-road, so anything easy(er) to clean and/or tips tricks tou got are just bonus for me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Allright, I've found a couple of websites that have the rims for sale based on my SX4, but Tirerack.com has weights too. There are some I like (16x7) that are at 17-18 lbs, then there are some track or race models that are way light, 12.1 to 13.5 lbs. Besides costing more, are these possibly too fragile for everyday use? I dont plan on hitting curbs, but I do deal with off-road washboard everyday. Any insights? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the reply. I like that site, I'll shop that too.

Also, for weights, I have found wheelweights.net, it has a bunch of info you can list a couple of ways, but can take a while to load the huge PDF document.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Allright, I've found a couple of websites that have the rims for sale based on my SX4, but Tirerack.com has weights too. There are some I like (16x7) that are at 17-18 lbs, then there are some track or race models that are way light, 12.1 to 13.5 lbs. Besides costing more, are these possibly too fragile for everyday use? I dont plan on hitting curbs, but I do deal with off-road washboard everyday. Any insights? Thanks.
I have a 2008 sx4 hatchback stick shift, did you changed your stock tires n rim? is it possible to lower the clearance without changing the shocks or suspension. I saw one sx4 hatchback being serviced by suzuki. The stock tire n rim was changed (235/45 z r17 94w).I am not sure how much he lowered his car but it looked great. The owner was not there so i was not able to talk to him. Any comments regarding this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 sx4 hatchback stick shift, did you changed your stock tires n rim? is it possible to lower the clearance without changing the shocks or suspension. I saw one sx4 hatchback being serviced by suzuki. The stock tire n rim was changed (235/45 z r17 94w).I am not sure how much he lowered his car but it looked great. The owner was not there so i was not able to talk to him. Any comments regarding this.
Road Race Motorsports has an assortment of aftermarket items (including lowering kits); you can find them here Suzuki : Road Race Motorsports

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I searched around, and I could've gone with motegi traklites, 12.1 lbs at $300 a piece (ouch), but I went with Rota slipsteams. they normally go for $130 a rim, but i found them at Mach V motorsports for $99. The slipstreams are 14 lbs. I love them, my car does accelerate easier. I will have the mileage soon, probably tonight. but i'm guessing they get me over the 35mpg mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MPG report

Ive got 32.6 and 32 MPG last 2 tanks. The rims help, but I have been driving faster and passing people more than I normally do (damn construction!) Thats also with A/C on too. I have got 34.5 MPG before the rims, so I sure I can get 35+, possibly 36.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts