Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know exactly what its called but the hose is about 1 1/4 wide and a little over 36 inches long. Believe it connects from the air filter to the manifold. If anyone knows what this is and where I could find it, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Kinocin

·
Registered
616 Posts
that hose..

... is the carburetor air preheat hose. It draws hot air across the exhaust manifold and directs it into the carburetor. It is useful in the winter, but not so much in the summer.

Most folks run all year without it and have no troubles. That's what I do...

You might find something at the local auto parts store now that you know what it does.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one as I went to headers, for postage it's yours!

Ken T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased one on line from Suzuki John for about $80.00. On the cheep you can use a light weight alu one from any auto part store Approx 2 in. The down side is that it is easy to crush, and you have to buy two. About $ 10.00 for the two
BWS

·
Registered
131 Posts

hello

is this the heater hose?
mine has broken off where the pink arrow is.
any suggestions on where to get one and what they are called would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
It's a heat riser tube, you can find it at orilleys or autozone,pep boys etc. it's a flex tube made from aluminum that sends warm air through intake.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's a heat riser tube, you can find it at orilleys or autozone,pep boys etc. it's a flex tube made from aluminum that sends warm air through intake.
Also. If you can't find one you can use aluminum tape from Home Depot wrap it around till it forms a solid enough bond, that tube is fairly fragile to begin with. All that travels inside that heat riser tube is hot air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts