Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. So didn't drive my 04 vitara for about 2 days, start up today and turn on the ac and the horn starts blowing not at ful volume but its on.. Then I notice my indicator light and 4wd light on in my dash without me turning them on.. Any advice as to where to begin to look..??? Confused

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
Under the dash for a bad ground connection - what is your experience troubleshooting electrical issues like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the best at electrical but I'm no dummy under the hood if u know what I mean. now to think of it I've bin also experiencing some what of a short wher the windows don't work momentarily any pointers on where to check for bad grounding?

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
Yes - I know some excellent mechanics who are hopeless with electricals, they say it's because they can't see the electrons moving ;)

My suspicion is that the ground issue is related more to the HVAC blower rather than the A/C itself - I've attached a pdf that shows where the under dash grounds are, the image is for a RHD vehicle, for LHD it's a mirror image - just locate all three and make sure they are clean & tight - maybe unscrew them & shine them up with a wire brush or sand paper.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
There are three ground points, one in each "foot well", behind that plastic cover just in front of the doors, and the third under the center console - the ones you need to focus on are the ones in the foot wells, and the power window grounds to one of those so that might be related - I should go check that one on my car - there's a distinct slow down if I have more than one window moving at the same time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey fordem found 2 of the three grounding points not finding the center one I also disconnected the blower motor and problem still there. Mind you the grounding point I found seem to be fine as there were tight and no corrosion I jus can't seem to find the the center point.. Which is strange where else can I check

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aye Fordem finally found the issue it was the harness behind the battery.. Was shaved ND wires were crossed. Now I fixed that having issues starting.. The pump doesn't seem to be running when I plug it up.. The pump runs when bench tested but nothing when plug up.. Has power in the connector n all the gas gauage reads but nothing from pump

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,517 Posts
Start by verifying the ground circuit, voltage drop test (loaded)..

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts