Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the antenna lead is under the dash, and is it relatively easy to get to. I want to direct connect my XM radio.

Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
NYBILL89 said:
Does anyone know where the antenna lead is under the dash, and is it relatively easy to get to. I want to direct connect my XM radio.

Thanks
Hey, how do you direct connect an xm radio to the antana under the dash anyway? Are you talking about connecting it to your radio antana? IF so tell me how, right now I have my wiring in between the rubber where the doors are going all the way into the back through my trunk up to the top of the car. It looks really good, can't tell where the wiring is or anything, but just wondering how you were doing it and if its easier?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Hey, how do you direct connect an xm radio to the antana under the dash anyway? Are you talking about connecting it to your radio antana? IF so tell me how, right now I have my wiring in between the rubber where the doors are going all the way into the back through my trunk up to the top of the car. It looks really good, can't tell where the wiring is or anything, but just wondering how you were doing it and if its easier?
he is directly connecting his xm to his sterio, i believe, im not sure ive heard of anyone connecting the xm feed to the atenna, that sound all wrong. ive only installed one satilite radio kit, it was a serius kit, it came with a wire like the one on this post. your regular atenna feed plugged into the back, the front plugged into your stereo, and the blue wire was connected to the satelite reciever. it wasnt all that hard, the hardest part actually, was getting the satelite atenna for the door pillar up through the headliner, and out to the roof of the car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
renoinreno05 said:
he is directly connecting his xm to his sterio, i believe, im not sure ive heard of anyone connecting the xm feed to the atenna, that sound all wrong. ive only installed one satilite radio kit, it was a serius kit, it came with a wire like the one on this post. your regular atenna feed plugged into the back, the front plugged into your stereo, and the blue wire was connected to the satelite reciever. it wasnt all that hard, the hardest part actually, was getting the satelite atenna for the door pillar up through the headliner, and out to the roof of the car.
Well considering he was talking about the Antana lead, I figured that was what he was doing. Anyway, i got ya on that, I don't want my xm to sound bad, it sounds good the way it is. I am thinking about getting a bigger satelite antana instead of that little one that is about the size of your big toe. I wanted a bigger one because my signal goes out alot under overpases and in cities with tall buildings, I hate it, I am listing to a good song and then all of a sudden it goes out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Well considering he was talking about the Antana lead, I figured that was what he was doing. Anyway, i got ya on that, I don't want my xm to sound bad, it sounds good the way it is. I am thinking about getting a bigger satelite antana instead of that little one that is about the size of your big toe. I wanted a bigger one because my signal goes out alot under overpases and in cities with tall buildings, I hate it, I am listing to a good song and then all of a sudden it goes out.
thats weird since satelite radio is supposed to always have signal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Melissa22 said:
nope, not if the signal is interupted or blocked
I have sirius.. it's strange what interupts the singnal. Going under bridges and things like that, or even staying under bridges at a redlight rarley cuts it out. Yet, there are these trees near my house that dont even overhang the road that always makes it go out, even long after I've passed them

·
Registered
582 Posts
Danny said:
I have sirius.. it's strange what interupts the singnal. Going under bridges and things like that, or even staying under bridges at a redlight rarley cuts it out. Yet, there are these trees near my house that dont even overhang the road that always makes it go out, even long after I've passed them
Yep, I get that a lot too, like going back on to a highway, there are a bunch of trees out there that just block the signal.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah, RF is funny like that.

You're talking about a satellite 20,000 Miles high over the equator beaming a 1 watt signal to an entire section of the planet at one time.

For those unfamiliar, an average household lightbulb runs on 60 watts and your average cell phone uses about 1/3 watt while talking. Comparitively, it's amazing people get signal at all. But it's all line-of-sight so it works.

That is, until something blocks that line of sight, like a tree.....heh

As for the OP's question, I don't know where the lead is, but that picture is pretty close to what you're looking for. I know of the hook up you're talking about. It's actually an FM transmitter that goes inline on the antenna lead. (has to be VERY low power to avoid blowing out the receiver)

Personally, I'll stick to my MP3 Walkman and iRiver transmitter. Never loses signal and has all the music I'll ever want with no sub fees. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
i agree a ipod or mp3 and a transmitter work fine. but if you go satelite, i here serius has better stations than xm. or the best idea yet is to get a aftermarket sterio with the auxilery and buy a good sized mp3 player oh say 20-40 gigs and put alot of music on it and keep it updated. put it in your car, connect, put it on shuffle, and there you go...your own home made radio station.

·
Registered
582 Posts
All though I may loose signals every now and then, its great. I love the satelite radio, my xm is awsome and I listen to that more than anything else. I have one station I listen to all the time if you all are familiar with rock, I listen to squizz, its the best! Anyway, Its not as bad as people are pointing it to be at all. I mean hell, yeah the signal gets lost sometimes...not all....I can go through the tunnel into Norfolk, VA. and the signal doesn't fade until half way through which is strange...hahaha. You would think the signal would go out as soon as you hit the tunnel...but anyway, what I am saying its not a bad choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts