Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen the forenza design who ever made (sorry dont remember name of hand) and it had a shark finn roof scoop thing on it and I think a hood scoop cant remember well I found some cool ones heres the link..

Hood Scoops

Might look cool..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Some of those do look good, and yes the BMS reno does make use of a roof scoop. One thing to think about, unless you are actually going to put the work in to make it a working scoop I would not recomend getting one... Cars with fake stuff like that are not cool, and they give car modders a bad name... As far as the hood scoops on that site, none would really look good on our car or do anything for performance...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would you do to make it work tho cut a whole for it then stick it over it>

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
easy is right...you'd have to cut a hole in your roof...and it would be pretty breezy and cold in the winter time...the only reason they have roof scoops is for fresh air...it does nothing for performance or aerodynamics.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
easy is right...you'd have to cut a hole in your roof...and it would be pretty breezy and cold in the winter time...the only reason they have roof scoops is for fresh air...it does nothing for performance or aerodynamics.
+.5

If the car was mid-engine or rear engine then it'd be for cooling that off. Sometimes they might tie it into the rear brakes but that's about it. Race/rally cars are completly gutted and the exhaust under the driver alone makes some very high temps in the cabin. Plus there's no fire wall padding or anything like that so the engine heat comes right through.

I personally don't think a roof scoop would be worth it at all on our car as long as it's street driven at all. It'll slow you down so much at higher speeds it wouldn't even be funny.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I was more talking about the roof scooping, making it a working piece... but I guess I got dumb ideas... :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
are there any v6 engines we can swap in for our forenzas?? if so, the hood scoop might BECOME a good idea :p

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent the slightest Idea thatd be kinda cool. I mean I just look at the WRX STI and like the look and if that hood scoop looks cool and has some benifit, why not?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
you can fit ANY engine into our car...you just need a lot of work and time to do it...and i'd suggest a rwd conversion if you're gonna try to throw a v6/v8 in your car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
unfortunately, doing all that (v6 engine, swapping fwd to rwd) will cost ALOTTTT of money. ALOT ALOT.

and that's something most of us dont have, haha

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
unfortunately, doing all that (v6 engine, swapping fwd to rwd) will cost ALOTTTT of money. ALOT ALOT.

and that's something most of us dont have, haha
HEARD THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
dont think a v6 or v8 would fit right in. most of those engines are turned the other way and there would be no room for the trans. a sideways v6 would be tight with the trans also cus the engine is longer

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If ya had the money Im sure you could make something work but, Might as well go buy a car to mess with that a v6 or v8.. I had a buick century with a 3.3 v6 and believe it or not that car was a beast kinda wish I didnt sell it, but ya.. You know what I want, an old ass supra Im talking an 87 or something and make it a beast cuz it just looks kinda ugly but I always wanted one I just see some potential there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to swap for an eco tec engine, I hear good things...strong, easy power, and this would open up options for eco tec related performance parts, my brother has one and doesnt even take care of it, never changed oil and runs the piss out of it, did that for about 20,000 miles and its still a bullet... How much would that run a guy? and you think the tranny would bolt right up to it or not?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
are there any v6 engines we can swap in for our forenzas?? if so, the hood scoop might BECOME a good idea :p
Yes there is one, I beleive it's from a Cantera or something of that sort. It's a ~3.2l. I think it nearly bolts right in, or maybe it does. It's not too easy to find though.

you can fit ANY engine into our car...you just need a lot of work and time to do it...and i'd suggest a rwd conversion if you're gonna try to throw a v6/v8 in your car.
It'd be almost as easy to just do a AWD convr and probably wouldn't cost that much after you get the F28 and rear related parts from our brothers over seas.

I want to swap for an eco tec engine, I hear good things...strong, easy power, and this would open up options for eco tec related performance parts, my brother has one and doesnt even take care of it, never changed oil and runs the piss out of it, did that for about 20,000 miles and its still a bullet... How much would that run a guy? and you think the tranny would bolt right up to it or not?
Unless you want over 400whp it's much easyier/cheaper just to stick with our engine. If you still want over 400whp it still might be better to stick with our engine. Those eco tect are over rated anyways and if you have to do an engine swap a C20LET would be the best choice, bolts right in and has 205hp factory.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes there is one, I beleive it's from a Cantera or something of that sort. It's a ~3.2l. I think it nearly bolts right in, or maybe it does. It's not too easy to find though.

It'd be almost as easy to just do a AWD convr and probably wouldn't cost that much after you get the F28 and rear related parts from our brothers over seas.

Unless you want over 400whp it's much easyier/cheaper just to stick with our engine. If you still want over 400whp it still might be better to stick with our engine. Those eco tect are over rated anyways and if you have to do an engine swap a C20LET would be the best choice, bolts right in and has 205hp factory.
205hp eh? nice, but why do you think the eco tec is over rated, from what I hear and have witnessed a few times it seems like a Strong engine/reliable... just wondering?

·
Registered
50 Posts
sealed hood scoop can also be used for clearance of airbox on 1.6 conversion if u don't have enough clearance and road worthy makes u take friggin body lift off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts