Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 Samurai with factory A/C. The nut that holds the hood release handle at the back of the glove box came off the back of the release handle. How can you get to that nut behind the glove box? I removed the part of the glove box that holds the handle but can not get my hand behind the box. On the left side I have the A/C coil in the way under the heater and on the right side there is a steel bracket that holds a elec. box with a mess of wires attached. It is loose but still in the way. It looks like I will have to remove the complete dash just to get to the nut or use a 6 inch hole saw to make a hole in the fire wall? NO I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT!! I use to pull this Sami behind my motor home but now have a 5th wheel trailer. I also have close to $5,000 in this Sami..... I like to have all things working correct and this nut is the only problem (well also me).... HELP
I did a search for hood release handle but found nothing after looking for 10 min.... THANKS FOR ANY HELP....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zuk.... My problem was not finding the nut but how to tighten, no room to reach it.
I was able to reach that nut to tighten it from above after removing every bolt that holds the dash to the firewall and below. Also had to release the two bolts the hold the steering column up so the dash would clear the emger. flasher knob. With the dash loose I was able to pull the passenger side out far enough to reach the nut so I could tighten it. Putting everything back together now. Thanks for the info.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts