Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1985 Suzuki 'Holden Drover' has drop in windows - canvas and soft plastic.
If I can find doors with regular wind-up windows will they fit? Will they be from a Sierra or Jimny (or other?). I am in Adelaide.
Thanks, J

·
Registered
105 Posts
a holden drover is just a rebadged sierra. i recomend calling suzistore in perth and talking to brian or go to there online shop and they have some specs on there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too own a Holden Drover (Sierra). I investigated replacing the doors a few years ago but the thing that stopped me was cost. Trying to get doors from the wreckers was impossible as they were nearly always too damaged or rusted out. The other option was buy new doors at around $800 each just for the shells. You can see why I didn't pursue going for full doors. Hope this doesn't put a damper on your plans.

Cheers
Footloose

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doors - Sierra, Jimny, Holden drover

Thanks to both for your replies and NO I don't think I'll be buying new doors! Maybe I could make some windows out of perspex and the same for the cab roof..???

I repaired the old canvas 'drop-in windows' by sewing in the replacement soft plastic polythene and then I cut off the back of the old canvas roof and sewed in a window to drop down behind the seats.

For all that it's still an uncomfortable drive in the rain and storm - from a great fun car to drive in fine weather to like driving an iron bedstead inside a leaking, flapping tent in winter !!:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts