Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming up fast on the end of the warranty period and would like to know what the highest mileage is out there. For the most part I think all the kinks have been worked out of the car except what might be experienced in the long haul. I've got close to 30,000 miles and have had to have a hose replaced, computer reset twice, battery replaced and a power window motor replaced since owning this care.

This is my only transporation and really can't afford any repair bills after the warranty runs out. I'm trying to determine if I should get rid of the car now or keep it as long as it's fairly inexpensive to maintain.

Thanks for responding with your input.

Sheree
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just joined this site. My 2004 Verona LX bought in 2005 currently has 25,915 miles on it and is the shop getting a new engine! (short block and new head) It won't cost me a dime as I upgraded the warranty to complete bumper to bumper with $0 deductible when I bought it. It started guzzling oil at about 25,000 mi about a quart every 100 mi !! The Suzuki dealer who has it says a Teflon?? cylinder lining is scored and pealing leaving voids that the synthetic oil is oozing through into the upper cylinders. I can't imagine a teflon coating so it must be some other friction reducing compound. Does anyone know what it is? maybe some moly compound. I imagine I'll be keeping mine until the warranty runs out as it has a very low trade-in value (according to the dealer I bought it from!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well it took over a month to get my car back. When I picked it up it ran like a dream! I got 27 mpg from the first tank of gas, but by the time the second tank ran out it was down to 19 mpg and struggling on hills with 2 adults. Now at 28,499 miles it's back in the shop for another engine replacement! This time it seemed like a blown head gasket with foamy oil on the dipstick. It's too late to use the lemon law but I have asked the dealer and Suzuki to buy it back. Either the aluminum engine with no cylinder sleeves is junk from the get-go or the dealer installation was improperly done but I have no confidence in Veronas any more. When it ran it was fun to drive and had nice options but without an engine it's not much of a value!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2004 verona has 58,000 miles. the only thing i have had to get fixed was the radio, it randomly goes into intro mode changing the songs on me at times. Now i am get really heavy vibrations, i have had the tires balance numerous times and still does it. it sound like i need to take it to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i bought my 04 epica used at 114,000kms, now after 6 months of owning it its at 123,900kms and iv replaced, both rear upper control arms, valve cover gasket (was leaking), fuel pump/sending unit(gas gauge was erratic), basic maintenance plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve (actually broke), and have to take it in for a serious running/idling
problem, but otherwize i bought it for 8,000$ and luv the car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mileage Question

We bought our 2004 with 10000 miles on it and have had little or no problems that couldnt be fixed with the warranty. We are now coming up on 95,000 miles and will soon be out of warranty. The only issue we have now is the cruise control is making a funny noise but we will be taking it in before our extended warranty runs out. I would suggest you find a good mechanic outside the dealership who can do the regular maintenance we saved about $400.00 bucks on the 90,000 mile service by NOT going to the dealer. The car isnt the quickest off the line but so far she has held up well.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I had bought GM extended warranty on my '04 Epica...after the initial 60K warranty ran out I started having regular problems...front suspension bushings, tie rod/ball joints, ABS on one side...none covered. I still have "powertrain" warranty to 100K but it doesn't seem to cover very much. Currently has bad oil leak, don't know yet if it will be covered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have about 44,300 miles and no major mechanical problems on my 04 Verona EX. Pretty much just do my own oil changes, rotate tires (still have originals). I just replaced brake pads at 44K miles. This has been an extremely reliable car! The leather still looks like new after 4 years, and the original engine has tremendous output an highway speeds, smooth, quiet power delivery. Oh, the guy with the radio problem...I can tell you how to fix that...I did my own repair! Just reply here and I'll tell you how it's done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im coming up on 50,000 miles, probably have it up there by friday. i have an intermittent stalling problem at idle, needs a wheel sensor for ABS, probably an 02 sensor as to the check engine light that is coming on. other than that its a great car really luxurious for the price, bought is last yr for $10K with 32,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All vehicles have 4 cylinder engines. All mileages are based on the new EPA MPG testing guidelines. The average is a weighted average based on 55% city driving, 45% highway driving. A lot of Toyota’s and Honda’s on the list but there are some American cars on the list like the Ford Escape Hybrid and Mercury Mariner. The first seven cars on the list are hybrids, three of those are SUVs!
All of the cars are capable of going over 30 MPG. The number #1 vehicle, the Toyota Prius, has a starting MSRP of $21,200 (but you have to get on a waiting list!). The number #10 vehicle, the Honda Fit, has a starting MSRP of around $13,95.
==========================================================
Peter
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts