Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Swift is ticking over at about 1150-1200 rpm.
If it is left for about 5 minutes it settles to about 850rpm.
I've put a new air filter in and used some Wynns injection and carb cleaner.
Everything looks in good condition.
Any Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
12,250 Posts
You need to give us more details - stuff like what Swift do you have, is it EFI, TBI or carburetted, automatic or manual transmission, and when do you have the fast "tick over".

I'm inclined to say it's perfectly normal, it's supposed to do that.

By the way - I have a 1.3 Swift, with an Aisin carburettor and a 5 speed transmission, and based on the FSM, at a cold start (water temp below 25*C/77*F) I should have a fast idle of 1200~1800 rpm, which should then drop to 700 rpm once the engine warms up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to give us more details - stuff like what Swift do you have, is it EFI, TBI or carburetted, automatic or manual transmission, and when do you have the fast "tick over".

I'm inclined to say it's perfectly normal, it's supposed to do that.

By the way - I have a 1.3 Swift, with an Aisin carburettor and a 5 speed transmission, and based on the FSM, at a cold start (water temp below 25*C/77*F) I should have a fast idle of 1200~1800 rpm, which should then drop to 700 rpm once the engine warms up.
Its a new swift 2004+(that's why it's in this section) and it's a 1.3 petrol (manual)
Maybe I should have made it clearer,it is ticking over at 1150-1200 even when it's warm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts